1:24 Trumpeter Bf 109G-14

LSP_K2

• 4 weeks later...

Finally, some appropriate grey (Tamiya XF-24)spritzed onto the IP. I should start detail painting tomorrow sometime. I'm not sure if the gunsight is correct or not, it's just what was in the box. One thing I know with absolute certainty about 109's, is that I actually know very little about 109's.

0vlypz.jpg

Great looking build, Kevin.  I'm assuming you know this already but I just wanted to point out that the engine is upside down and will be oriented the other way around when it eventually gets installed.  

3 hours ago, Shawn M said:

nice progress Kevin

Thanks, my friend. I see no reason at all why this won't be finished for the show in September, and I'm really looking forward to that.

1 hour ago, Thunnus said:

Great looking build, Kevin.  I'm assuming you know this already but I just wanted to point out that the engine is upside down and will be oriented the other way around when it eventually gets installed.  

Yep, this is the starboard side assembly, as that just happened to be the side that I started working on first.

15 hours ago, Gazzas said:

IP looks great, Mate!  I have never thought to thin the exhaust shields...  Thanks for the tip!

Gaz

Yep, on this kit, they look like they're made from 1/4" steel plate, so need to have a more "scale like" appearance.