1:24 Trumpeter Bf 109G-14

LSP_K2

6 minutes ago, dodgem37 said:

'I may also add some wire screen'

Good move.

Sincerely,

Mark

I actually hadn't really noticed until I'd uploaded this image, but their representation is not really all that good.

On 9/17/2018 at 12:21 PM, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

I've begun the process of adding bits and pieces to the 'pit. Lots more to do though. Some of this is more or less correct, some is a total fake job.

You're not supposed to admit that!

"These additional details are based on close inspection of my references, creating shapes and details to match as best I could." THAT'S what you say! :)

All kidding aside, nice work, Kev!

14 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

You're not supposed to admit that!

"These additional details are based on close inspection of my references, creating shapes and details to match as best I could." THAT'S what you say! :)

All kidding aside, nice work, Kev!

Oh yes, my fingers must have slipped on the keyboard. What I meant to say, is that this is the most accurate representation that my resources depict and have assisted me with reproducing in this scale.

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Neat! As I am no Luft expert I may not know anyway all the intricacies, but it all looks like its very accurate. 

I specifically recall Sheperd Paine using the term "gizmology", 80% of the results, with 20% of the effort (or something similar), and I've always viewed that as the gospel, so I fake things up as best I can, but using various photos and illustrations as guides, which in the case of the G series, never seem consistent, one to the other. Fakery becomes my default fall-back position.

Of course, Shep didn't have Eduard, Eagle Editions, Profimodeller, Aires, True Details, etc, etc, etc. It is amazing what he did with those old kits and figures. It makes you think what he could do today if he was still at his peak. His books on AFV and diorama building are classics and my copies are really worn.

You are doing a great job on it, Kev. Isn't 1/24th a great scale for detailing? At least it sure is for my eyes! B)

And stop calling it fakery! :BANGHEAD2:

40 minutes ago, LSP_Ray said:

You are doing a great job on it, Kev. Isn't 1/24th a great scale for detailing? At least it sure is for my eyes! B)

And stop calling it fakery! :BANGHEAD2:

1. Yes, I really like this larger scale, quite a lot.

2. Wizardry?