1:24 Trumpeter Bf 109G-14

LSP_K2

Nice start, Kev. Too bad about the K-4.

IIRC, those cannon pods could be installed on about any late 109. I don't know if you could ever prove anything either way, unless someone comes out with a photo, though for me that usually does happen about two weeks after I finish the kit!

Looking good Kev, so just to clarify - you are building a G-14 from the K-4 kit/remains?? 

Cheers

Alan

ps: those ejector pin farms that are to be found on older Trumpeter kits are a pain - I have been tempted to get one of the late war 1/24 Trump Me-109 kits... which one would you recommend?

12 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Nice start, Kev. Too bad about the K-4.

IIRC, those cannon pods could be installed on about any late 109. I don't know if you could ever prove anything either way, unless someone comes out with a photo, though for me that usually does happen about two weeks after I finish the kit!

I totally agree, Ray. I talked to someone that's very knowledgeable about '109's and our conclusion was that it's entirely possible, given that the 20mm R6 kits were supplied to most, if not all units.

11 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

Looking good Kev, so just to clarify - you are building a G-14 from the K-4 kit/remains?? 

Cheers

Alan

ps: those ejector pin farms that are to be found on older Trumpeter kits are a pain - I have been tempted to get one of the late war 1/24 Trump Me-109 kits... which one would you recommend?

Nope, not at all, this is a whole kit  (late G-6), as depicted in the first post. Since the late G-6 and G-14 are apparently almost identical, I'm just using the G-6 to start with, as Trumpeter never made a dedicated -14, at least not that I'm aware of. I really like the G-6 and K-4 kits. While I did own a 1:24 G-10, I never really examined it, but I'd imagine it's on an equal par with the two G-6 kits as well as the K-4. While there are some detail issues here and there, I see them all as really cool kits that offer up some great possibilities.

On 9/1/2018 at 3:25 PM, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

My Romulan warbird is now on hold, pending an order of the right colors (which I thought I already had, but did not), so I've now resumed work on this bad boy. Below is one possible scheme that I'm currently considering, though there are actually several.

ctrgaL.jpg

This is a G-14/AS with the asymmetric refined cowl.  The Trumpeter kit has the earlier cowling with the prominent Buele on the cowling...

Edited by RBrown
Corrected typo

On 9/2/2018 at 2:05 PM, RBrown said:

This is a G-14/AS with the asymmetric refined cowl.  The Trumpeter kit has the earlier cowling with the prominent Buele on the cowling...

And I think I have a solution for that particular problem too. I have a virtually complete spare K-4, so I'm considering using portions of that kit, grafted onto the G-6 kit to get the proper look.

Very difficult to see in this photo, but the late G-6 tail (on the right) represents the metal vertical tail, while the K-4 (G-10 molds), represents the wooden tail. Since I have no way to confirm what my chosen scheme will be at the moment, I may just go ahead and use the entire K-4 fuselage, adding or removing hatches and stuff "as needed", as they are both otherwise identical from the 'pit back.

yEI4T1.jpg