1:24 Trumpeter Bf 109G-14

LSP_K2

This threw me a bit tonight, when I saw these two almost identical lower cowl parts. The top one, is from the G-6 kit, the lower from the K-4. As it turns out, my chosen scheme, represents a G-14/AS that requires the additional bulges, so will fit splendidly to the K-4 fuselage, which has cutouts to accept these bulges. I lucked out here, big time.

uWJL7V.jpg

For reasons as yet unknown, the lower radiator scoop and flap are missing from both the G-6 and K-4 kits! I really have no idea where they might be, but both should certainly be here somewhere. I was going to work on them last night, when I discovered their absence.

6 hours ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

Well now, that was certainly quick. Apparently I'd already glued the assembly together, set it aside to dry, then completely forgot all about it. Strange how that works sometimes. Now firmly anchored to lower cowl section, awaiting cleanup.

Kev you need to start drinking decaf coffee! :D

Dan

Edited by Daniel460

3 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

That's OK Kevin , I can never seem to find my glasses  :shrug:             

I've actually wandered around the house, looking for my keys, only to discover them in my hand, being twirled about my finger.

1 hour ago, Daniel460 said:

Kev you need to start drinking decaf coffee! :D

Dan

For a while, I was drinking a 50/50 blend, but I ran out of unleaded, so I'll need to fetch some more.

9 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Nice detail.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks a lot, Mark. Once I get a new CD player installed in my PC, I'll be able to get some use out of the material you sent me.

7 hours ago, LSP_Matt said:

Great work buddy. It's going to look super once you're done.

Cheers Matty

Thanks a bunch, Matt. I'm really shooting for a cool finish on this one, which I feel is doable. We'll see, I guess.