Jennings Heilig

First pics of the Revell P-51D

Kit looks good for the price, Now who's gonna give us some nice early D-5 decals??

I know EagleCal and Cutting Edge already have released some D-5s in their various P-51 sheets over the years.

Thanks for thos Pics James..

Hmm.. smooth wings , ah well better get my riviting tool out... :wicked:

(Only joking.. Really!)

Radu , that looks to be a beautiful piece of design  , I do hope this isn't your last coperation with Revell.. 

colinR

Edited by Scotsman

I am very very very excited for this release. 

I am a P-51 nut and have plans to do many of these. MANY. 

Now I just need to Latin American Air force decals and some ANG options to balance out the WW2 birds and some CBI birds would be great too. Maybe Charles Older's Yokohama Yardbird and Some Cheesecake Chasis. And maybe Superscale could scale up their Buzz Boy Two decals or Palpatation Pal decals for some nice Japan Occupation birds. 

Okay yeah need to stop as I could go on........suffice to say I am excited....

Zach

Have a look at these. :)

http://www.mooserepublic.se/product/j-26-mustang/

Adds another fun detail, you have to model that life raft on top of the radios too. I might be biased but I have yet to build a Swedish one myself..! Though I might squeeze one in with these cheap Mustangs on the market now.... ;)

Now I just need to Latin American Air force decals 

I would love nothing more than to do a sheet of Dominican P-51Ds with their gaudy markings and shark mouths.  But I think you, me, and about three other people on the planet would want them.

ZUJgWq.png

Edited by Jennings Heilig

I would love nothing more than to do a sheet of Dominican P-51Ds with their gaudy markings and shark mouths. But I think you, me, and about three other people on the planet would want them.

ZUJgWq.png

What if I said please!?!

But honestly if someone would do a custom of just that Ramfis unit decal I could figure out the rest with masksnornother decals....

Zach

Hi Radub,

In the interest of historical accuracy and discussion, your second and third sentences miss the mark a little bit.  The P-51D/K used 1/4" plywood as a standard floor covering and was covered with the black anti-slip coating per spec and all P-51D/K were delivered from the factory in such condition.  If you have access to the P-51D/K IPB, Dated 10 March 1945, Revised 31 May 1949, Figures 100 and 105 with an effectivity of ALL, you'll see that the flooring is in fact, plywood on top of those interior green metal supports.  I have verified this from the factory drawing for the p/n 106-53051 (Floor Assembly - Cockpit, Front, Intermediate, Left).  106-53051-6 is the p/n for the plywood flooring for the left side.  Snippets from the factory blueprints are provided below for your reference and discussion only.  I don't know where those photos you posted came from but they're not representative of production aircraft parts; they're most likely repairs or modifications.  106-53052 is the p/n for the right side intermediate flooring.

hgDBkk7.png

AYevvzf.png

D9JDcaK.png

Thank you Jugg. Nothing beats an engineer dwng.

Geoff

If anyone wants to sell any of their aftermarket decals I suggest sticking strictly to 8th AF, invasion striped etc etc

👀

To complete about the flooring on B,C, D & K models:

- Yellow: front floor, ALCLAD 24ST .05, no finish (NMF or ZCY?)
- Grey:  front intermediate floor, 5 ply 1/4 birch poplar plywood.coated non skid black paint
- Brown : rear intermediate floor, 3 ply 1/4 Douglas fir waterproof plywood, two coats of sealer
- Brown; rear floor, 3 ply 1/4 Douglas fir waterproof plywood , 2 coats sealer
- Green: cover and shroud control stick, olive drab canvas fastened on flooring edges

D K models

d_floo10.jpg

B C models

bc_flo11.jpg