First pics of the Revell P-51D

love to see some other aftermarket outfits put some decals out for this kit. Jennings, any interest? Seems like there are some pretty interesting subjects, between all the unique camo schemes and the individual pilot markings.

Btw, did any of these aircraft use the K-14 gunsight?

love to see some other aftermarket outfits put some decals out for this kit. Jennings, any interest? Seems like there are some pretty interesting subjects, between all the unique camo schemes and the individual pilot markings.

Btw, did any of these aircraft use the K-14 gunsight?

Not from the factory, no but as time went on and retrofit kits became available, many of these earlier aircraft (and there were a lot of D's delivered prior to the factory inclusion of the K-14A, not just the -5's) were converted from the N-9 (if my memory is holding) to the K-14A gunsight.  I think I read (again my memory isn't what it once was so I may be wrong) in Merle Olmstead's book on the 357th that they changed all their aircraft to use K-14A's.  To be sure, you'll need a photo of the cockpit glareshield or the left sidewall (throttle specifically) to tell whether your chosen subject has the K-14A or not.

All

All right, I'm a PIA...but...for what appears to be a nicely built and finished model, the canopy is installed incorrectly and the floor is finished as natural wood. No..No..No..No.

Sorry, it just makes me go Stoopid. Why propagate inaccuracies that outwardly defy reality?

I'll shut up now.

Geoff

All

All right, I'm a PIA...but...for what appears to be a nicely built and finished model, the canopy is installed incorrectly and the floor is finished as natural wood. No..No..No..No.

Sorry, it just makes me go Stoopid. Why propagate inaccuracies that outwardly defy reality?

I'll shut up now.

Geoff

...and breathe!!! :frantic:

All

I'll shut up now.

Geoff

He knows;

"The wooden floor was most likely painted black on the real aircraft, but I decided to finish mine as varnished woodgrain."

All

I'll shut up now.

Geoff

I couldn't agree more

And remember that people will be buying the book too...

Whilst I am perfectly at ease with people having different attitudes to accuracy, this sort of stuff is just lazy

My mind still boggles that these books sell

But hey ho