JohnB

Good price on Tamiya F4U-1D here

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/

At $124.00 it's the best "deal" I have seen. I ordered 2!

Ok, expedited shipping to his front door, notwithstanding, I'll wager he has at least one ready for paint within the next four days! :whistle:

Edited by Juggernut

Ok, expedited shipping to his front door, notwithstanding, I'll wager he has at least one ready for paint within the next four days! :whistle:

Shhh, he sent away for one from New Zealand or someplace far away because it hadn't been released here, and already FINISHED IT!!!

We love you, John, and you're as crazy as a bedbug. :rofl: (says the man with three Corsairs in the basement, one on order and two more needed for two dioramas).

Edited by Bill Cross

Shhh, he sent away for one from New Zealand or someplace far away because it hadn't been released here, and already FINISHED IT!!!

We love you, John, and you're as crazy as a bedbug. :rofl: (says the man with three Corsairs in the basement, one on order and two more needed for two dioramas).

I have a similar dilemma with Tiger tank references. Though I already have 40 or 50 books on the vehicle, I don't hesitate to buy more, when I find them at a good price.

LOL Bill! Yep, I got one from New Zealand. Pretty pricey though. :)

They've sold out thanks to you, John, haha. :fight:

Are you sure Bill? I saw where it was back ordered and checked to be sure and was told he expected to have 'em tomorrow (Tuesday). You might want to check and be sure they are all spoken for. :coolio:

Edited by JohnB

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/

At $124.00 it's the best "deal" I have seen. I ordered 2!

I was about to say that you are insane for spending that kind of money on them, but then I remembered that Corsairs are pretty much all you ever build, so I guess that's ok. :)

Are you sure Bill? I saw where it was back ordered and checked to be sure and was told he expected to have 'em tomorrow (Tuesday). You might want to check and be sure they are all spoken for. :coolio:

I will re-check tomorrow. I need two more, but I could also wait for LM to have another $2 shipping sale, since I don't need them right away. Dilemmas, dilemmas.... :m0152: :m0152: :m0152: :m0152: :m0152: :m0152:

I was about to say that you are insane for spending that kind of money on them, but then I remembered that Corsairs are pretty much all you ever build, so I guess that's ok. :)

All I ever build? Tell that to the following models in my display cases:

Special Hobby P-39's (3), Tamiya P-51D's (6), Hasegawa P-47D's (2), KH AT-28D, Revell He-219,  Hasegawa P-40's (5), Tamiya Spitfire's (4) and HK B-25J Strafer just to name a few. :coolio:

Got mine today. Tower Hobbies on pre-order. $143 delivered. Great kit. For those who have the kit, there are several pictures and references to the F4U-4 in the pamphlet and directions.