'Grace' type two-seat Spitfire in 1:32

Iain

And breathe...

Wing panels sanded back with 2000 wet and dry and back in airing cupboard for a few hours before I re-scribe affected panels and repaint the ocean grey.

Getting back on track - but will only be happy again when dark green areas re-done also and a layer of gloss added - and I'd rather that was before bed tonight so that it's all hardened off by tomorrow.

Iain

Had to do some minor touch-ups this morning - and a little more gloss, but should be back on decals tonight.

Considering what a mess I had to make fixing the cracking I'm more than pleased with how she looks now - you can't see where the work has been done - which makes me happy again!

Hopefully some photos tomorrow.

Iain

Have been adding decals - using the kits decals for national markings - really not impressed with how they perform - and they needed lots of MicroSol to get them to bed down.

Fuselage roundels will need a little more persuasion to fully conform around the rear canopy rail 'ears' - or I may have to slice and do some touch-up afterwards.

Not had a chance to get any photos - but, maybe, later in the week.

Iain

That looks fantastic, Iain!

Just a word about Carl's hot cloth technique on the decals: I call this the 'hot compress' method, and have used it successfully on several occasions - especially with Tamiya decals! There are a couple of caveats, however. The main issue is that the hot cloth can soften the paint, especially if you've used acrylics, and even more so if your clear coat is some form of floor polish. If you use any kind of cloth with an open weave or other kind of texture, it may leave an imprint in your paint work or clear coat. I usually use a face washer due to its thickness, and it certainly has caused this problem for me in the past! But it's also quite effective in getting stiff decals to conform.

Kev

Cheers Kev - that helps...

Gloss coat is Tamiya Clear - but I'll tread very carefully - I may try a little more softening solution first.

It's no biggie if I have to cut the roundels above and below the canopy rails - providing I can match the blue.

Iain

• 2 weeks later...

Some photos with where I'm at...

Roundels are now sitting nicely - albeit with a few cracks that will need touching in on the fuselage roundels.

Model loosely put together - with dry fitted undercarriage - and, for the first time - test piece canopies in place to test fit (these are not the final quality ones!).

Excuse the dust on the model - will just wipe off!

48b427_7b0bca4c1ac34b5094a4b122cd6244b6~

48b427_bdb99f2971e8416e967d380b0c735139~

48b427_009551f6cd75427e9754bcaeb40609fe~

48b427_6693020574c14c8baad87e5ccec0d7c1~

48b427_19b7a16dc75a482dad79712274ad3b4d~

Have fun!

Iain