Sign in to follow this  
Alburymodeler

How about F4U-5N, F4U-7, AU-1, post Me 110G?

As someone mentioned recently on the Me 110G thread, it is very unlikely that Tamiya will ever pop out a series of late metal winged Corsairs. I have the old French resin conversion for the Trumpeter kit, but it is pretty much rubbish, with a 5mm difference between cowl and forward fuselage for example. From basic parts and a few differences all three late versions can be modelled, and there are plenty of users, US Navy and Marines, France, Argentina, Honduras etc. With a bit more work an F4U-4 version can be turned out.

I reckon it would outsell the Me 110 G, I'll be in for a few myself.

Greg

The devil is in the details.

1. What's involved?
  2. what will it cost?
  3. who is doing it?
  4. and can we count on the project moving forward to the end?

"Many a slip between the cup and the lip."

1.It needs new nose forward of the angled firewall, different cowling for all three types, new canopy and windscreen, new four blade prop, new internals, changes under fuselage wing, armament modifications. Changes to the outer wings could be done by the modeller (removing ribs and scribing panel lines). A few other bits of course.

2. Do we worry about cost?

3. I was hoping GT resin might be interested.

4. We sure do hope so.

1.It needs new nose forward of the angled firewall, different cowling for all three types, new canopy and windscreen, new four blade prop, new internals, changes under fuselage wing, armament modifications. Changes to the outer wings could be done by the modeller (removing ribs and scribing panel lines). A few other bits of course.

2. Do we worry about cost?

3. I was hoping GT resin might be interested.

4. We sure do hope so.

Thanks for the interest and in thinking of us.   IF you are wiling to fund the work I am happy to take look at the project.   I am doing doing a commission program for a customer creating an F-15SG conversion set and it is going very well.   Give it some thought and PM me if interested.

Thx, Gary