Fly 1/32nd scale Wessex HC2

HL-10

Here is my BIG Wessex.

This is the link to the WIP:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=70458

The Wessex is a helicopter I have always been a big fan of, having seen many service variants close up and had

them overhead more times than I can remember.

I am not, by any means an expert on the machine, but I just love the look of the Wessex.

The kit is no shake and bake kit, but it is a canvas onto which a modeller can add as much detail as they wish.

As the kit provided schemes were not that inspiring, I wandered away to produce a model in the colours I like

seeing one in.

I know there may be details present on my model not necessarily true to the period of the scheme, but I am not too worried about it.

It is a large Wessex and I had great fun building it! :)

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

And safely stowed alongside a colleague! :)

IMG_1273.jpg

Thanks for looking

Angelo

hi 

I am usually not an helo guy , but I always liked this one with its "grouper face " this is a very nice build ,I followed your WIP with interest , I could be tempted one day

Alain 

BTW , what about the Brit phantom  ?? cutting edge conversion ??

Edited by alain11

Thank you all, I appreciate all your comments!

hi 

I am usually not an helo guy , but I always liked this one with its "grouper face " this is a very nice build ,I followed your WIP with interest , I could be tempted one day

Alain 

BTW , what about the Brit phantom  ?? cutting edge conversion ??

Glad you like it :)

The Phantom is my own conversion of the Tamiya F-4J http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=48876&hl=

Superb work, the best I have seen, does the kit not come with the hook?

What hook do you mean?

OMG......that is just awesome, looking just the way the Wessex was when in service, so realistically done, superb build.

I'm going to have to "dive" into that work in progress story of yours, need some real good inspiration to build the kit i have in the stash......

super,

Jack.

Edited by Jack

Hook as in Sacru, (Semi Automatic cable release unit), they all have one on the underside, it allows it to carry underslung loads, I can only remember taking one off in service about twice.

look between the wheels, in use it would hang lower, but had a cord so you could lift it up into that position and tie off so it didn't drag on the floor, we had one break ( cord ) and I reattached the shortened cord as we didnt have a spare, the crewman came to lower the hook and it nearly pulled him out of the door lol.

0ff5ed65fa9c7812e829e366b7be77ad.jpg

NI_wessex.gif

Bottom image is the NI fit, it has armour you can see just inside the pilots door and around the lower windscreen.... the damned stuff weighed a ton weight and hanging on the side you had to open the door then hinge it down towards you.

Edited by TonyT