F-100D Trumpeter.July 4th - 100% complete

crobinsonh

I recently completed a 1/32 F-15C that I spent 11 months on...I put some Walthers Solvaset on a new brand of decal without testing it on a scrap piece first...The Solvaset totally dissolved away most of the ink from the decal.  I had to strip all the paint off the vertical stabilizer and go back from square one on the tail...in the end it came out great and you don't even notice, but DAMNIT! what a pain in the ass to fix.  And its always when you're close to being done.  Good luck with the repairs, let us know if we can be of assistance.  Your plane looks great.

Well I do not quite have a complete recovery. Although the nose was corrected I had 2 issues today. One was the matt varnish (Vallejo) speckling everywhere (this could be fixed) but the second much nastier problem came to light when removing the masking tape for the windscreen - cracked in 3 places from the original drop. So annoyed and frustrated. I am not paying £125 to replace the model just for the windscreen and I know that Trumpeter never seem to respond to requests for spare/replacement parts. So this one is going to the shelf of doom - you never know perhaps one day I can pick up a F-100D for a bargain price and resurrect this build.

mfATwr.jpg

QdmyY1.jpg

indg73.jpg 

Now I need to choose a new 1/32nd model to start...

Guest Maxim

You can now order replacement parts direct from Trumpeters site: They are quick in responding.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/TrumpeterModel/services/?service_id=1285558494830609

https://www.facebook.com/pg/TrumpeterModel/services/?service_id=1600448556737214

joanna@trumpeter-china.com

Request parts: Kit number, Sprue number, send your address also so they can quote on shipping.

Don't give up after you came so far with the build and it looks good.

Just catching back up with this build......She's a stunner brother! You have been through the ringer with it...that canopy is an easy fix with a replacement!  :please:

Check out the "General Discussion" thread with the last F-100 flying... :thumbsup:

Dan