Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1D Corsair on Pre-order on Evil bay at $29.99....

Daniel Leduc

$4.99 and $35 shipping.

Shipping costs seem reasonable, but $4.99??

$4.99????

There is definitely something going on. I refuse to believe that all these are mistakes, because it's happening multiple times with the same product? 

I will believe this once somebody receives one, sorry for being a real pessimist but this seems like a Nigerian money order scheme if ever there was one. But if someone received them and there PayPal/credit card was only billed 40 instead of 400 I with stand down and eat those words.

I will believe this once somebody receives one, sorry for being a real pessimist but this seems like a Nigerian money order scheme if ever there was one. But if someone received them and there PayPal/credit card was only billed 40 instead of 400 I with stand down and eat those words.

Now I see evidence of people who fall for the Nigerian scheme.

Maybe they fell off a truck...if you know what I mean.  :coolio:

Even if they did ... $4.99 is bit cheap ... $50-$60 USD maybe ... but only an idiot would let them go for just that much!

Still looks like a scam to me ...

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

There is no risk. At all. None.

1. Click "Buy it Now".
  2. Pay the total clearly shown on the auction page (price + shipping). In my case, it was a total of $39.99.
  3. Wait for the kit to arrive.

If the kit doesn't show up, file and claim with eBay and get your money refunded hassle-free. 

This same thing happened earlier this year with the Chinese guy selling expensive Takom kits dirt cheap. Some buyers got their kits, others got little teddy bears instead, and some got nothing. In the cases of teddy bears or nothing, eBay quickly refunded all of the money. 

There is NO WAY for any seller to somehow back-door your payment method and steal your money, or magically take more than you pay. It isn't as though you're giving your credit card or bank account numbers directly to the seller. 

At worst, you have $40 or whatever tied up in the deal for a month or so. But, you get it all back if the deal goes sour. If it works out, then you get a great kit dirt cheap. 

D

Exactly.  We just had an issue with a buyer for our decals, who clearly had cheating in mind when he ordered (HE USED ALL CAPS, WHICH IS AN AUTOMATIC RED FLAG FOR ME!!!!!).  In the end PayPal settled it in his favor.  The best we can do is chalk it up and never sell to him again.  PP and eBay always protect the buyer, even if the buyer is wrong.

We've all heard of Def-Con, and now we have Cap-Clown. 

I'm skeptical--

Last year I was looking for a particular expensive watch. I was alerted by a friend that such a watch was being offered on EBay by a Hong Kong merchant who was offering twelve on close-out at a similarly spectacular price. So I bought one, sent payment and within 3-4 days received a shipping notice, but no tracking. Eight weeks went by and no watch. Then my friend notified me that none of the twelve buyers had received their watches. So I contacted EBay for a refund which was received. They said to notify them if the watch arrived, but of course it never did-- which tells me there was no watch and it was never shipped in spite of the shipping notice.

And one of the other buyers reported that he was told that EBay and/or PayPal would pay the refunds and take the loss-- that it was a scam to defraud EBay out of our payments. By the time we asked for our refunds weeks later, the "merchant" and our money was long gone, leaving EBay holding the bag. Can't say that this is the same thing, but I get a bad feeling...

Bill M.

So I bought one, sent payment and within 3-4 days received a shipping notice, but no tracking.

If you haven't sold before on ebay, I can tell you that the seller can click to send a notification they are shipping the item which will generate a message from ebay that it has been shipped. But there is nothing to verify they actually did what they claim.

I am currently involved with a Japanese seller for an overdue kit that was marked shipped but no tracking. This isn't always unusual with these guys, but he is offering a refund rather than re-sending the item even though he shows stock on hand. Makes me think he declares them lost and keeps the insurance money (which was included in the free shipping) and Paypal pays me. It's a weird scam. Definitely not a get-rich-quick scheme.

I did receive a tracking number with mine as it looks legit. Anyone else get a tracking number?

I will advise once they arrive. Hopefully not just an empty box!

I did receive a tracking number with mine as it looks legit. Anyone else get a tracking number?

I will advise once they arrive. Hopefully not just an empty box!

Hi

I got a tracking number here partly deleted (by me of course)

shipment details are as follow:

y5orif.jpg

TBC ;-)

Edited by rafju