phantom

2018 IPMS Phoenix Convention

Is any body going to have any entries?

Mike

I'll have my little Ohka with me at the very least as it's small and I'm flying. I'm hoping to be able to get my Extra 330 done for the Civi class too, as it's fairly tiny too.

Posted (edited)

Dan...

I am sure you could won easily seeing your builds.

Will keep MY fingers crossed and look forward to seeing them in person.

Good Luck.

:piliot: > > :popcorn:

Edited by MARU5137

I have heard that Tamiya will not be at the convention.

Bit of a disappointment if true.  Not that I expected any announcements about a new Tamiya LSP, but still. 

Still going to try to get there, just depends on my job situation.  Should have a few things finished for it

Matt 

Well you need a T-shirt, then, sir!!

Sadly I am hearing that a lot of vendors are not going to make the trip to Nationals - too expensive to attend and sell, too hot, too expensive to  go.

Regardless, WE will be there and looking forward to catching up with you all.  

Chris

Sadly I am hearing that a lot of vendors are not going to make the trip to Nationals - too expensive to attend and sell, too hot, too expensive to  go.

Regardless, WE will be there and looking forward to catching up with you all.  

Thats why IPMS will probably eventually give  Omaha another shot at the NATs.    While far from perfect, Omaha is more centrally located, more temperate climate during the IPMS Nationals dates, and best of all with the lower cost of living, and low power/booth rental Omaha seems to attract as many or more vendors than your average US IPMS Nationals sites.

I only say this not to toot my own horn about Omaha, but because of the financial aspect of it, and according to IPMS,  2017 and 2011 were two of the most financially profitable (siting low vendor booth costs, low power rental cost, lower airfare w/being more centrally located) IPMS Nationals ever.

Im hoping PHX is just as fun, as the high number of LSPers going should make it fun no matter what vendors do or do not show up.   I'm sure after some time period, Omaha may again bid on having the NATs.