2018 IPMS Phoenix Convention

phantom

11 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Glad you made it home without further haboob action :)    

Haboob! That is a funny word. The best thing was the "warning" about it. We were on the bus from Pima when the phones started going crazy with weather warnings. I remember Tim asking "is that your phone?". Yes, it was mine as well as almost every phone on the bus. In my case the warning came from Google and AccuWeather and it said something like "Warning! Dust Storm Inbound! Seek shelter immediately on the ground floor of the building with plenty of supplies". Honestly, I never ever received a warning like that on my phone, let alone being in the middle of crowd getting the same message at the same time. When I got off the bus I met David Francis and he said that he was meeting you and Brian in an Irish Pub. I thought "well, that is on the ground floor and they got supplies" so I headed there. On the way to the pub, the haboob was  like a windy honey-coloured fog, crunchy. The wind knocked some signs, the valet/concierge of the hotel told me to be careful and wiped the desktop to show how much dust was there, but I still had no idea what I was witnessing. In the pub David told us how he saw the wall of dust approaching the city and I still had no idea what we were in the middle of. Only when I got back to the hotel and watched the news I finally realised what it was and how bad it got. :rolleyes:

Radu 

Well, it certainly looks as though I missed a great party............................ damn............. I will say, thanks to you all who went for the posts, and the pics, that makes me feel like I was there and also like I was peeking through the worm hole as they say......................I am glad you all made it home safely, and thanks for posting the pics etc for those of us who couldn't make it....... it was almost like we were there, kinda,............... sorta....... thanks everyone

1 minute ago, Rod Bettencourt said:

Wolf, Maru and Radu,

It was a pleasure meeting you guys. Glad everyone had a safe journey back. 

Rod

Dang, I missed meeting you, Rod! Or maybe I did meet you and I can't remember. I met so many people, that's possible!!

Edited by BiggTim

56 minutes ago, Rod Bettencourt said:

It was the 1/32, and thank you!

Rod

Yes, that camo job was really well done! Very precise, well executed pattern, way better than I have ever done. I wish I had remembered to photograph it! 

13 minutes ago, Wolf Buddee said:

Rod, your B-58 was gorgeous as well. I envy your work on the NMF on that one. Simply beautiful all around!

Cheers,

Wolf

Rod, had no idea the 58 was yours. One of my faves at the show......Harv

Thanks Maru!

Getting two 1st place gold was indeed a surprise. A pleasant one but a surprise nonetheless.  So was getting back my camera bag with all it's contents. As I mentioned before, a wonderful answer to prayer.

As far as not being able to take me out anywhere, I've been told that a time or two already. I'd hear it loud and clear again if I ever have the courage to tell my wife what happened. But I won't 'cause she doesn't need to know..............:shrug: right?

Cheers,

Wolf