2018 IPMS Phoenix Convention

phantom

5 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

So the US Nats is over four days, Telford is two days. For the guys who have been to both what are the differences?

US Nats usually offers a tour of a local museum or military installation ('87 DC had a tour of Aberdeen, '17 Omaha had the SAC Museum) and is very contest centered.   Telford is very SIG & club centered with the contest almost an afterthought.  Telford is way more international(the 'I' in IPMS) due to all the European countries within a days drive.  Both have their plusses and minuses about time of year, size of venue, changing locations, etc.    Both have lots & lots of vendors.   I like both and don't mind the travel to either from the West coast.

Cheers, Tony

18 hours ago, BiggTim said:

I'll make Brian post them tomorrow, or I'll take some myself. We were gone all day today on the tour.

7 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Tim mentioned, he or I or other will try to post some pics tonight after the convention.

You all better !!!

6oN2rbi.png

On 8/2/2018 at 8:27 PM, The Dude said:

So where is the LSP get together going to be Friday morning or did I miss the info somewhere?

Sorry,  but we're lame. It's been a long day, and I don't think we'll be able to post anything tonight. 

I know Chris Nicoll took a bunch, but he was judging, and probably hasn't had time to post any. 

Edited by BiggTim

36 minutes ago, MARU5137 said:

So  Whichever venue they choose.... for 2019..2020..2021... et al....

I am always going to be traveling for 24 hours plus....   :DodgeBall::frantic::mental:.... unlike you guys.

could WE  have it half way in the Atlantic Ocean..... maybe.....

:rolleyes:  gentlemen thank you ...

:yahoo:

The Bermuda Triangle seems like a good place for SOD kits :hmmm:

Hubert

8 hours ago, BiggTim said:

Sorry,  but we're lame. It's been a long day, and I don't think we'll be able to post anything tonight. 

I know Chris Nicoll took a bunch, but he was judging, and probably hasn't had time to post any. 

Lol no prob, I am hoping nobody will post the pix of all of us lounging by the pool after the heavy drinking at the bar.:ph34r:;):lol:

Edited by The Dude

Thank you all for holding the meet and greet.  It was just as friendly as these forums are. :speak_cool:

I do have some pictures from the tables, do you want to see Large scale stuff? I will need to see what I have, it was kind of hard to get pictures of everything and then really cool models were hard to get near since people congregated near them.

14 minutes ago, kurth said:

Thank you all for holding the meet and greet.  It was just as friendly as these forums are. :speak_cool:

I do have some pictures from the tables, do you want to see Large scale stuff? I will need to see what I have, it was kind of hard to get pictures of everything and then really cool models were hard to get near since people congregated near them.

I certainly can't speak for the rest, but any well done models are cool with me.

I suffered from considerable operator error with my camera ... so many of my pictures are unsatisfactory, but here are some 1/32 models  I got decent pictures of.

2v2JnePUrx9awpY.jpg

2v2Jnesyyx9awpY.jpg

2v2JnekQnx9awpY.jpg

2v2JnektFx9awpY.jpg

2v2JneYRyx9awpY.jpg

2v2Jn7muUx9awpY.jpg

I did not get too many other 1/32 pics, I kept meaning to get back to that table but it was often crowded. I did look at several more, but I did not have my camera out.

Any way I hope it helps tide you over until more pictures are shared.

1 minute ago, scvrobeson said:

We know Chattanooga is next year, is there any info about 2020 or 2021? I'd love a true West Coast convention, so I can actually go to it

Matt 

The bid presentations took place earlier today.  I think the earliest you might hear anything is sometime tonight after the banquet.