2018 IPMS Phoenix Convention

phantom

Uh. .........Not a grandiose start. Who puts TWO people on registration duty for a NATIONAL event?!?!??

I've been in this line for an hour and 15 min so far and looks like it will be another hour. Pee-pour planning on the Phoenix IPMS chapter I'm afraid. We had upwards of 15 registration personnel last year to avoid situations JUST like this.

12 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Uh. .........Not a grandiose start. Who puts TWO people on registration duty for a NATIONAL event?!?!??

I've been in this line for an hour and 15 min so far and looks like it will be another hour. Pee-pour planning on the Phoenix IPMS chapter I'm afraid. We had upwards of 15 registration personnel last year to avoid situations JUST like this.

Hahaahaaaaaa, I chuckled at the " pee-pour" planing bit, I thought.......... "oh, man standing in line for an hour then having to leave the line to PEE????!! " OH NO !""" YES, THAT would be poor planning ..LOL!!!!

Just saw that Omaha is bidding on the 2021 convention and San Marcos Tx and Las Vegas are  bidding for 2020!!! Not sure how accurate this is but i hope Omaha and San Marcos get the nod.

Mike

Edited by phantom

On 8/1/2018 at 4:53 PM, Out2gtcha said:

You know we will! I was going to take my DSLR, but with my ultra economy ticket, I can only take 1 small-ish thing on the plane with me,  and it has to be my model entries.  No way I was going to check my DSLR, so it looks like its my cell camera for me for the trip, which is NBD since it takes pretty decent pics. 

Cant wait to get there (hopefully with two model entries in tact)!

I've got a couple of quite decent DSLR's and accompanying glass but don't take them to model shows anymore. Although you can get superior results from them, you'll need to be able to control your lighting (and that is NOT a flash on the hot shoe!) and a tripod to get them. And since you can't control the background which will be cluttered with other models, it really doesn't make that much sense to tote a DSLR around. The very small sensor of the camera in the smartphone makes it actually easier to get enough depth-of-field to get (most of) te model in focus!

Have a great show and all the best for the competition!

Cheers,

Erik.

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Just saw that Omaha is bidding on the 2021 convention and San Marcos Tx and Las Vegas are  bidding for 2020!!! Not sure how accurate this is but i hope Omaha and San Marcos get the nod.

Mike

Omaha would be great, and there's a far better chance that I could plan and save for that trip.