2018 IPMS Phoenix Convention

phantom

I'm already booked into the hotel for Telford this year - last year was a blast! Would LOVE to get onto the Continent and Prague is high on my list of places I want to go. Keep it up!!

CN

Oh man, that would be fun!

Sadly I am hearing that a lot of vendors are not going to make the trip to Nationals - too expensive to attend and sell, too hot, too expensive to  go.

Regardless, WE will be there and looking forward to catching up with you all.  

Thats why IPMS will probably eventually give  Omaha another shot at the NATs.    While far from perfect, Omaha is more centrally located, more temperate climate during the IPMS Nationals dates, and best of all with the lower cost of living, and low power/booth rental Omaha seems to attract as many or more vendors than your average US IPMS Nationals sites.

I only say this not to toot my own horn about Omaha, but because of the financial aspect of it, and according to IPMS,  2017 and 2011 were two of the most financially profitable (siting low vendor booth costs, low power rental cost, lower airfare w/being more centrally located) IPMS Nationals ever.

Im hoping PHX is just as fun, as the high number of LSPers going should make it fun no matter what vendors do or do not show up.   I'm sure after some time period, Omaha may again bid on having the NATs. 

I sure wish IPMS would have nats in the Seattle area sometime. Obviously not very centrally located, but the weather in August is fantastic, and there is a lot to do outside the convention to get people to come. Great aircraft and armor museums, great food, great sights, etc. I think they need to try it once. I have no idea what shape the Seattle IPMS group is in, though. I live 2.5 hrs east, and we don't even have an IPMS club anymore.

I sure wish IPMS would have nats in the Seattle area sometime. Obviously not very centrally located, but the weather in August is fantastic, and there is a lot to do outside the convention to get people to come. Great aircraft and armor museums, great food, great sights, etc. I think they need to try it once. I have no idea what shape the Seattle IPMS group is in, though. I live 2.5 hrs east, and we don't even have an IPMS club anymore.

Id definitely hit up a Pac NW IPMS Nationals!   I love that area, and the climate there in August as you said is great. I love that whole area, and have long wanted to go back to the Seattle area, and also want to head back over to the Olympic Ntl forest.