P-51D10-NA dimensions for my old Airfix 1/24

sandokan

Hi all out there.

I'm looking for serious reference about dimensions of the P-51D10-NA. I have Model Art, Detail and Scale and Aero Detail schematics where they declared measure being in 1/48 scale. Each one has little difference in Lenght or WS so I'm not sure which one right. According with dimension reported the Mustang should be WS 11280 millimetres and Lenght 9830 millimetres (Detail and scale measure are in feet and inches). I'm just getting started with my old Airfix 1/24 kit and really not sure if there are correction to made.

Can anyone recommend or suggest something about?

TIA😊

Edited by sandokan

Thank you Mmaben and Jennings!!!

I didn't realize before what the hell problem about the dimensions of the superbe aircraft the Mustang is!!

I collected photos and manuals and drawings in schematics but building 1/24 needs greater accuracy than other scale. Probably the solution will be matching, combining a variety of source and comparing with photographs to get a minimum in accuracy just to check what correction is really essential in the old Airfix.

Well, " the fate stopped me at the start line but I don't give up!"

☺☺☺

Cheers

Tiberio

Edited by sandokan

Thanks again guys for comment and suggestion.

The question is coming hard if dimensions are little different to what I found. The Aero Detail measure says ws 11280 and lenght 9830, so 6,75 and 9 millimetres in difference are big error in conversion. I confess not calculated before by myself the equivalence feet/mm! I must reconsidering all scaled plans!

Yep! Typhoon, a tolerance of 0,375mm actually is not relevant!

Now,since no review found about the airfix kit I have some hesitation on rudder leading angle and fuselage shape by homemade scaled printing from the Model Art schematics sheet. Other source drawings look not detailed enought or panel lines suspicious. My trouble is getting started with a minimum acceptable grade of precision in shape and dimensions.

Edited by sandokan

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=25731&page=1

Modifications to the 24th Airfix P-51

Geoff

Wow Geoff!!!

That's what I was looking for and never found in search!!!!!!!

Thank you very much! That saves me a lot of time in dimensional comparing.

great work, great job. I will read your thread step-by-step!!!!!

Fantastic!

Edited by sandokan