Revell 56 Ford F-100"Demon II"-Completed! 04/15

mustang1989

Is the cab leaning forward compared to the back?

Richard

For right now it is. Don't have the locators on the front yet and the pics were taken bare bones with no interior in it yet. No worries...................she'll be trued up in no time:D

Edited by mustang1989

For right now it is. Don't have the locators on the front yet and the pics were taken bare bones with no interior in it yet. No worries...................she'll be trued up in no time:D

I couldn't decide if it was out of line, or deliberate. That forward rake is nice

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Joe,

That looks tough!  Love the stance.

Gaz

Thanks Gaz

I masked off and painted the flames this morning. I personally think they are a tad bit too bold but...................I think they'll tone down with a clear coat some. Just gotta wait a day or so before I do clear the cab and hood.

3RL99b.jpg

fR54eU.jpg

After a couple of mist coats and let the part being painted sit for a minute or so I go for the wet coats. This photo is after about 15 minutes in the drying booth. The "Wet Look" is one of the best gloss coats I've worked with. Man I love this stuff!!!!

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see what the reflection in the paint is. Won't see the clear coated parts again for another 3-5 days till they gas out.

iZf7hf.jpg

Holy smokes!!

That is one helluva masking job! 

I love a deep shine, so you can't go wrong by me.

I'm gonna have to do a racing plane some day.  I'll definitely want some of that "Wet Look" on it.  Maybe a nice P-51 in a personal scheme...  ...Red and black are my favorite colors...

Who knows!

Keep up the awesome work!

Gaz

Edited by Gazzas

I'm gonna have to do a racing plane some day.  I'll definitely want some of that "Wet Look" on it.  Maybe a nice P-51 in a personal scheme...  ...Red and black are my favorite colors...

I'm just waiting for Revell to release the late P-51D, then a Reno racer is on the cards

Richard

Holy smokes!!

That is one helluva masking job! 

I love a deep shine, so you can't go wrong by me.

Who knows!

Keep up the awesome work!

Gaz

Thanks Gaz. I'd like to see a racing plane get built. 

Great work and the paintwork is coming along well.

I appreciate the good comments Maxim.

nailed it man, that looks solid!

Thanks Shawn! 

Back on the mend after a complete disaster. I just simply couldn't believe what had happened as I was applying the gloss coat on this. One one hand it was the picture perfect finish with maybe a touch up of wet sanding and polishing here and there.................on the other............a mess!!! Somehow the Alclad had managed to get ALL OVER the cab and hood. The only thing I can think of is that during the fading process where I tried to polish the Alclad in which to achieve a subtle effect (which was turning out great BTW) I managed to get it all over the place but couldn't see it. If you look closely you'll see it:

kn5FAI.jpg

2WQ24J.jpg

I didn't see this earlier but this "Wet Look" gloss is definitely the bomb. Notice the reflection writing on the light bulb on the hood. And this is with NO polish.

GrRWOI.jpg

So..........I was pondering.......... icon_hmm.GIF . My initial thought was to dunk it in brake fluid to strip the paint and start completely over. But the paint layers are thin enough to where I could shoot another thin layer of black on and start over......................so....................I did!! Man did the finish ever turn out so much better than the first go round.

Here we are back at square one with an even smoother base coat............stay tuned.................flames coming back up!

UR4vXj.jpg

Another foul up and a recovery to add to the mix. I was working with the grille and headlamps and decided to use some clear nail polish to adhere the headlight lenses to the buckets. If you've ever given this any thought..................PASS!!!! It quickly deteriorated/ stripped the chrome underneath!!

Kit #3 had to be acquired to fix this. I started over and this time used some Tamiya acrylic clear to adhere them. I'll call this a "save".

The disaster piece is on the bottom.icon_bagoverhead.GIF Live and learn I guess:icon_bored.GIF

rzDQUZ.jpg

You must have the makings of an impressive scrapyard diorama

Yessir.................I think I do. lol. When I cut a kit up/ modify one I always buy two kits to start with. Most times that's all I need but there's been a couple where the 3rd one has come in handy.

nice save(s)

Thanks Shawn!!