Mirage III E, La Fayette Squadron 1986

Cheetah11

Hi everyone,

here is my finished Italeri Mirage III E . I initially intended a out of the box build but during the build decided to do a few additions to make it look more like a Mirage. I did the following on the kit:

detailed the ejection seat, shortened the intakes by 3 mm , corrected the rudder dimensions and built a new drag-shute fairing.  I also reduced the u/c oleo's by 3 mm and increased the width and thickness of the wheels and detailed the AB section.  

The AN-52 weapon and pylon was scratch built.

When my friend and fellow Mirage enthusiast Alain Personeni learned I was working on the project he provided me with the links to the French modeling sites where I was able to obtain enough reference for the project. He also generously hand painted the La Fayette squadron markings on decal paper and shipped it to me. Incredible talent. Thanks Alain !!!

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

I hope you like it

hi Nick 

at last , here she is !!! very very nice job , I like very much , good choose of markings ( the most beautiful worn by the French Mirage III E ), efficient enhancements etc....  I am amazed that a guy living at the other end of the world , can pay attention  to a  " marginal" ( in term of fame)  French  squadron ( who know around the world the "La Fayette" squadron ?.......except French people ..of course :hmmm: )  thank for this  :thumbsup:

Alain

If you allow me , : your pictures could be a little bit bigger to fully enjoy your build ,it worth it !!!!!