ungoliat

Photobucket Fix

Nothing works for me. I have mailed PB and they have responded with "This is a known problem and we have a dedicated team working on it".

Yeah, right.

I am using a Mac btw, so maybe that makes a difference.

Here's a link to the new fix:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embedded-imag/ogipgokcopooepeipngiikdkpmcpkaon

Since the hyperlink is an https:// link, if it doesn't work, go to Google Chrome webstore and look for the fix by Jesse Evers.

Bill Moran

But you need to use that browser and that plugin.

I did find a permanent fix to my Photobucket woes. This was to cancel my Pro subscription and delete my account.

6000 photos gone, but until I downloaded all albums first using a Chrome plugin, since PB deny you the option to use their site to download your photos (except individually!)

My solution was to then go to SmugMug.

Edited by JamesHatch

What plan did you opt for ?

Steve

I have the SmugMug "Power" account, charged annually IIRC at around $60 or $70 USD.  With the ability to point my website to it, and show clients (when I do commission work) what I do it is really immeasurably handy.  The production and ease of use is also very much worth the cost to me as well. 

Out2gtcha Studios

I can't download albums from PB anymore.

If I want to move my photos, I will have to download and move them one at a time. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

Is anyone considering legal action? PB seem to be deliberately obstructing access to my property when all I want to do is leave them.

I got all of my photos from PB  right away. Jennings recommended Image shack and I followed his advice. I couldn't be happier. :)

I also have an Imgur account. Imgur is very fine as well.

Whenever I see a PB link now I simply avoid it like the plague.

I wish people would just abandon their PB accounts but not delete them.  That way, older posts can be preserved with photos intact.  It's a shame to call up great builds of the past and see them devoid of photos.  The hacks that are posted in this thread would have been able to keep those valuable resources intact and available if the users had not deleted their photos.  I have migrated all of my build photos to other photo servers but have kept my free PB account intact.  I can access my old builds without having to rebuild them with new links.

I wish people would just abandon their PB accounts but not delete them. That way, older posts can be preserved with photos intact. It's a shame to call up great builds of the past and see them devoid of photos. The hacks that are posted in this thread would have been able to keep those valuable resources intact and available if the users had not deleted their photos. I have migrated all of my build photos to other photo servers but have kept my free PB account intact. I can access my old builds without having to rebuild them with new links.

Unfortunately, old build threads are gone for good, with the linked pics replaced by the dreaded PB ransom note ... They were visible with the Firefox of Chrome fix, but that is all ...

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers