ungoliat

Photobucket Fix

I've just installed the Firefox version of the add-on myself, and it does appear to largely work! I'm still seeing the odd image coming up as the PB ransom, but so far, it looks like a workable short-term solution.

Kev

Me too, just looked at Blackbetty's Su-22 thread and the photos are all there!

I'd stil ditch them like a hot potato.  Their little stunt should be required to cost them customers.

That's precisely why I posited it as a short-term fix. But really, this fix isn't just for Photobucket users, but any of us wishing to view content linked to Photobucket, whether we had an account or not. Photobucket was punishing the entire Internet with their stunt, and now we get to fight back.

Kev

Guest Clunkmeister

I'm on an iPad. No joy

Edited by Clunkmeister

Works for me at work (need to check because it did not seem to at home), on my Mac Book !

The guy who wrote this deserves a Golden "middle finger to PB" !

I will nevertheless stick with SmugMug now, but good to know there is a way around the ransom for past threads.

Hubert

PS: This should be pinned so that everyone using Chrome of Firefox will have the link to install the add-on

PS: This should be pinned so that everyone using Chrome of Firefox will have the link to install the add-on

Good idea! And done. Though pinned threads are often overlooked, ironically. I've also shared it on the LSP Facebook page, as well as my personal one.

Kev