So what about the new Trump Mig-29A????

alaninaustria

It is pretty quiet here regarding the newly released Trump Mig-29A.... what is the consensus? Martin - are you still building it?? Am thinking about picking one up now... just thought there would be more ho-hum going on about it given how excited people got about it when it was originally announced!

Cheers

Alan

Looks great in its *huge* box. At the moment it's untouched in the stash and that status is probably reflected elsewhere. There's a plethora of Eduard etch on the horizon and modellers may be waiting for those items.

Have the older MiG-29K offering on which to practise whittling first. Very different tooling.

Tony

Hi Alan, I have been very busy recently. I am in the process of moving to Alberta, therefore all my toys are neatly packed in cardboard boxes.

1/32nd scale Trumpeter copies all of the mistakes of it's 72nd. scale predecessor . It is highly doable kit and as of now the "best" ( pun intended) in our scale. :)

As Tony mentioned above, Eduard's help is on the way and Chris (Zactoman) will surely step in with some resin magic of his in the near future. Having said that , Zacto nozzles fit perfectly, so as the intakes and the nose correction offers a better option for Trumpeter's misshapen/ undersized nose. 

Apparently Cold War Studios from Bulgaria have some goodies on the way as well.

Edited by Martinnfb

Maybe most people got a bit underwhelmed after opening the box and not seeing the robust big beast you would expect but a petite little thing that didn't really feel like a mig-29, closed the box again and put it away. That's what happened to me at least. 

But I still hope my first impression was wrong and I'm waiting for a good review that focusses on accuracy by someone who's more of an expert then I am.

Guest Airfixer

Same here...

I've decided to skip the 9-12 and wait for the later versions, instead.

Though I'm somewhat sceptical Trumpeter will fix some of the basic errors in their upcoming releases.

On the other hand, their 9-12 is less flawed than I had expected...

Well, the kit shapes are globally correct. I compared it last week with the Frankenstein-built fuselage I made out of the MiG-29M and the Revell A. I had dedicated dozens of hours to build mine and can tell the shapes are very close. So, to me the kit is globally correct. I did not check closely everything up to now but the first assessment is quite positive.

Well, the kit shapes are globally correct. I compared it last week with the Frankenstein-built fuselage I made out of the MiG-29M and the Revell A. I had dedicated dozens of hours to build mine and can tell the shapes are very close. So, to me the kit is globally correct. I did not check closely everything up to now but the first assessment is quite positive.

Check also this kit evaluation from Germany. German text easy to traduct with an application but pictures alone tells a lot !

http://kitchecker.com/reviews_2017_2/trumpeter_mig-29a_vs_revell.htm

:coolio:

SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl