Revell Bf 109G-10 Erla - *Finished*

b737flyer

7 hours ago, Rockie Yarwood said:

Looking great! Agree with Kev about the sharp photography - what's your setup?

Cheers, Rockie

Thanks for the kind words. I use a Nikon D5300 DSLR and cheap studio lights with 5500 lumen bulbs from Amazon. Normally I shoot in Aperture mode and use a tripod and remote to prevent any blurring associated with camera shake. I have a couple of vinyl backgrounds (white, graduated blue, graduated gray) that I picked up from B&H Photo here in the US. Occasionally I'll do some post-processing in Adobe Photoshop Elements for things like sharpness or to crop the size.

The most important thing I learned a couple of years ago was setting the white balance of your camera for the type of lighting you're photographing under. In short, white balance takes into account the "color temperature" of the lights you're using to remove unrealistic color casts so things that are white in person appear white in the photo. Once that's set all colors appear realistic to what they are in person. It's pretty easy to do and if you have a DSLR the manual should have a dedicated section on setting it.

7S5ViPI.jpg

Thanks Jeremy! Looks like its easy to set up and take down. I don't have room for dedicated photo booth so I'm going to try your setup and see what results I get. I've got Canon equipment myself and lots of experience shooting outdoors, but have never tried any studio-type work. Thanks for the heads-up about white balance. Much appreciated!

Rockie

Today I attached the gear doors, drop tank, and propeller/spinner. The drop tank was weathered with a combination of oil and enamel washes. I also started some localized chipping and staining on the fuselage around access panels and hatches. Much more to go but it's a good start. 

GQcg4wq.jpgjGcW6rK.jpg

Edited by b737flyer

• b737flyer changed the title to Revell Bf 109G-10 Erla - *Finished*