Revell Bf 109G-10 Erla - *Finished*

b737flyer

I've been messing around with the prop and spinner trying to capture the eroded paint look and think I found an acceptable solution. After studying reference photos it appears there was significantly more erosion/chipped paint on the back of the propeller surfaces than on the front. With that in mind, I used Tamiya XF-16 Flat Aluminum enamel paint applied with a sponge, concentrating more on the leading edges. The nice thing about the enamel (over an acrylic lacquer base) is that "mistakes" can easily be erased with a brush dampened with mineral spirits. Overall, I was pretty happy with the results and it only took about 15 minutes to accomplish.

0kc7UU8.jpg

She's got legs...and knows how to use them.

This was a major accomplishment today - getting the landing gear and wheels attached. All of the geometry associated with the gear legs and wheels of the 109 makes it difficult to get everything lined up and looking good. I used Synthetic Ordnance Works outstanding resin/wire replacement gear legs and wheels from Barracuda Studios. I'll work on the gear doors tomorrow and hopefully get the prop and spinner mounted as well.

1gcOtrt.jpg

Edited by b737flyer