Oh wingnutters....

seiran01

I MUST have one of these. What a unique airframe for the for the shelf and neat plane. 

I love the early WW1 types. Would love to see a Bristol Scout and a Sopwith Tabloid from 1914 at some point. And you know even though it's outside their scope wouldn't it be cool if WNW did a bleriot XI :) 

Zach

One word: Antoinette.

Even if it didn't make it to WWI, many of it's co-stars in "Magnificent Men and their Flying Machines" did. The Bleriot could be made in a variety of military or civil colors from WWI and before.  Ditto for the Bristol Boxkite, with Bulgarian, Romanian, Czarist Russia, Sweden, Australian and South African colors as interesting alternatives to the expected RFC and RNAS.

I just love the look of the early planes, and would pick up any of those for a racing or early military option. Steampunk enthusiasts would go wild with these.

So... what can I do with that Taube? Hopefully convert it to one of the red and white Austro-Hungarian options or the earlier racer. Conversions, anyone?

Tnarg

Guest Clunkmeister

I actually like the Taube. I like the looks of the very early aircraft like Bleriot, Farman, Santos-Dumont, Wright, and of course, the Taube.

You had to have had a death wish to fly in one of those powered kites.  The Farman was nothing more than a box kite with wheels and an engine...

I actually like the Taube. I like the looks of the very early aircraft like Bleriot, Farman, Santos-Dumont, Wright, and of course, the Taube.

You had to have had a death wish to fly in one of those powered kites.  The Farman was nothing more than a box kite with wheels and an engine...

With you on this one Ernie. I had the opportunity to visit Old Rheinbeck Aerodrome in NY when they were showcasing their dawn of flight aircraft and got to see a Curtiss Pusher, Bleriot IX, Hanriot and a 1908 Voison. Seeing them fly was something else. Though the airshow announcer noted that their rule for 100+ year old aircraft was that they only flew them as far as they were willing to fall so we didn't really see them fly high per se. Lol

I do highly recommend a trip to Old Rheinbeck if you are ever in upstate NY as they have a wonderful collection of WW1 and BtW era aircraft on display and in flying condition. 

I have the old Monogram Wright Flyer kit and was thinking of starting it soon. Not a bad kit really. 

Zach

How about a French "kite" from the same pre-war design era? Men in airplanes shooting at each other with rifles while flying around in motorized kites is an interesting dualist theme.

Forget this, French aircraft just doesn't exist in WNW WW1 book.