AIMS 1/32 Bf 110 F and G

Pastor John

Fantastic pis guys thanks. Wow I did not know a gun pod existed fantastic. The light patches with the red stencilling around do not appear to be hinged ammo / inspection covers as I interpreted them - thus I will fill the panel lines on the printed part. Not sure what the purpose of these stencils is? Certainly not an area to use a jack on. Great lower cowling shots - yep basically same design as 109 but shorter. As for a cast part like that the mould would not last two minutes - too many cut outs - but I try

Hi everyone started the radar parts, thankfully the old Revell kit had correct shaped spars - just wrong measurements so all chopped up and corrected. Everything lines up so I am happy, filling next. I will make up some mould and try with a hard resin before I decide if hard resin or white metal is best. Obviously sending off to get made into white metal means someone else doing the work and additional postage ete etc and their delays but material has to be able to support the Master dipoles for longer than just a month or so - we will see.

20171003_141110.jpg

We have two gun pods in Belgium. One is in the Brussels museum whereas the other is close to my home, in our local museum. However, it is without weapons and hanged close to the ceiling in a quite dark room... :-(

Ā 

They did not know what it was! If my memory's right, they put a label stating this was a pod for a transport plane! Go figure...

Sorry John,

the Do 217 N-2 3C+IP had FuG 202 Lichtenstein and was scrapped 1948 (my year of birth :-) ).

What I meant was the SN-2 Lichtenstein of Me 110 G-4 C9-EN which had SN-2 radar and schrƃĀ¤ge Musik, also scrapped 1948.

But you are right, Me 110 in Hendon RAF museum has SN-2 Lichtenstein and is already well documented.

Alfons

Hi everyone - just an update - received today confirmation of Master supplying the MG 151 barrels as well as FuG 212, 220 and 218 sets (not 202 - even master do not want to drill through such thin brass. This has always been a headache for modellers and can be fixed in 1/72 with photo etch but that will look so wrong in 1/32. If the receivers were bolted to the side it would be another matter but it really will have to be a scratch built option and I will provide the simple X shaped mounts. Buying the Dragon E/D night fighter kit is the best option for anyone wanting to do a FuG 202 equipped machine if not happy with any scratch building)

Ā 

I also received confirmation that Profimodeller will be supplying the W Gr rockets.

Ā 

I also now have all I need of the rear cockpit floor and so am proceeding now with weapons and the straight flame dampers but I have no clear close up photo of the revised exhaust stubs for the straight damper, any help is welcome

ahh this is a tough one John.

Ā 

After reading Falk's book I went on a deep dive into the flame dampers.

From what I can tell, the straight ones and curved tube units used the same stacks which are a multi finned capped

Pre "tubular" designs used the curved stacks with the same "finned" caps on them, finding good images has been a giant pain in the &^%.

Ā 

Here is what I've found on the tube design ones, again not my pics blah blah blah

Ā 

BF110g2.jpg

Ā 

Cant link this image but its shows the 'fins'

https://www.flickr.com/photos/edk7/32499758612/

Ā 

I have a couple pics (here at work) I can email you if you'd like.

Otherwise I will have to take pics of the book images later on

Edited by Shawn M

The exhausts look much different to me on the machines using the under wing almost straight damper, they angle forwards and the rear most stackĀ  is connected to the one in front of it in a V shape. The inside fin system is the same but not the outside stacks - they also drop down much lower than the previous stacks could go on the right inner engine side as you can see that the damper is much lower down thus needing less of a kink in it at the end as it already cleared the wing surface