AIMS 1/32 Bf 110 F and G

Pastor John

Its printed on an SLA printer by SBS here is Hungary - this was at half resolution! Full resolution would have cost double  - still I am very happy

For my experience all the parts printed in 3d have to be worked to look perfect, your pieces are ideal because they are composed mainly of organic curves, it's more difficult to print flat geometric parts. For example my figure prints with Form2 are pretty much the same as those printed with envisiontec/dws which cost even twenty times more!

Edited by onosendai

Best I can do, not from the front I'm afraid but the unrestored starboard engine of the Hendon Bf110G4, hope it's of some use:

ZFpvMJ.jpg

I have some decent pictures of this aircraft, I was given permission to get up close and personal for detailed shots including inside the wheel wells etc but not exactly like you're after.

Max

Still cannot get good picture of inside of 110 G lower cowl but have good picture of 109 so I know how things work - just wanted frame work to be right. also still not sure if oil cooler is supposed to be fixed to lower engine as it is on some pictures of 110 F's or part of the lower cowl????????

Still cannot get confirmation of the alleged floor panel so that the radio operator did not stand on the Mg 151s! Not good practice to stand on weapons really. I need to know as need to understand how the ammo feed go under the said floor. I bought today all the pdfs of the original  Flugzug technical pamphlets for the F and the G and that has been great help but no photo of this dread part, I do now however know how the ammo feeds bend on each side. I also see many of the details on my expensive designed and printed gun pod are incorrect so a bit of work to do there still

yes but what I do not understand is there are just so many pictures of G-4s without them fixed to the engine and when you look at the inside of the lower cowl there is a flat plate which would be in the way if the oil cooler had simply been removed - it is almost as if there was a change and on the G-4 the oil cooler like on the 109 g was fixed to the cowling rather than the engine

I think you're right John. Looking at the pic from Shawn (not his :) ) you can

see a curvature at the rear that would vent the air from the radiator.

110G%20radiator.jpg

These pics from Meir Motors site gives some idea of the construction.

lowercowl.jpg

Bf109G_6lower%20cowl.jpg

More here : http://www.meiermotors.com/index.php/aircraft/messerschmitt-bf109/messerschmitt-bf109-g-fighterfactory?showall=&start=4

HTH