Differences between Revell 1/32 He111 P1 and H6 question for the exper

Paul2660

I waited too late to purchase the Revell 1/32 He-111 H6, but have the P1. 

As I understand it, the main differences between the P1 and H series was the engines, DB 601 on the P1 and the Jumo engine in the H series. 

I have located a CMK conversion set, that appears to give the early H1 through H3 cowlings, but not the H6.  But not sure if there were any physical differences.  Quick boost has a great set of exhausts, for the H and it appears that Henri Daehne at one time offered the H6 Props.  I have emailed Henri, but have not heard back.  I have a couple of his Ju-88 A4 prop sets and the propeller blades should be the same or close? 

The H series appeals to me more than the P, and I just did not realize that the Revell H6 1/32 was totally gone.  

Any suggestions are appreciated.  

Paul Caldwell

IIRC, the supercharger air intakes were on opposite sides of the cowling between the P and later H series. Other kit differences are the props, armament, and exhausts. For offensive armament, the P kit only has the internal bomb racks. The H kits adds the external racks with the options of SC500 bombs or torpedoes. For defensive armament (other than the common dorsal and optional waist guns for both), the P kit just has the MG15 nose gun and the gondola weapon is only the rear firing MG15. The H kit adds the option of a 20mm MG FF in the nose, and also adds a forward firing MG FF in the gondola.

Thanks for the help.

Hobbyeasy still shows the H6 in stock and I have ordered one but no confirmation yet.

Something about the He -111 just like the lines of it. And Revell seems to have done a banner job on it.

Would still love to pick up a set of Henri's props for the H6. Emailed him but didn't hear back.

Paul Caldwell

In addition to the above the gondola will be wrong

Basically unless you are a super scratch builder or are happy with a bit of half ar$ed effort, converting the P to an H-6 is just not possible

I wrote what in my humble opinion was the only decent review of the H kit but the webpage I wrote for is no longer up so it is lost forever

James Hatch ran it so may have access I don't know

If you have a specific question let me know - I did a lot of research on both P and H versions

Yup, the gondola issue is deal breaker.  I still can't believe the 1/32 H6 is totally gone.  I spent all afternoon calling around lots of P's still out there, no H6.  Revell did the same thing on the Ju-88's as the A4's are much harder to find now, but they still can be found.  

I tried the Hobbyeasy order, as they show it in stock, order is just sitting there, with no updates, which implies they are also out of stock. 

Did find one in Amazon Germany, but can't get Amazon to allow order, and there is another out there for over 600.00,  I will just create what I can with the P1. 

But again thanks for all the help from you all.  Great forum. 

Paul Caldwell 

From my notes:

He111 Variants

P-1

- 8 x SC250 internal bomb bay

- solid ventral gondola front

P-2

- 8 x SC250 internal bomb bay

- new radio: FuG IIIaU then later FuG X

- P-2 onward mounted 2 MG15 at the waist and a fifth crewman

-

P-3

- dual control trainer

P-4

- external PVC 1006 bomb racks, or 1 external and 1 internal

- glazed ventral gondola front + MG

- dorsal gondola w folding close down section on some models

- added 3 Mg15s

- sometimes had either or both the forward facing MG15s replaced with 20mm MGFF

H-1

- internal SC250 bomb bay

- Jumo 211A engine

- early engine cowling: lower and smaller oil cooler intake on top of the engine nacelle and a shorter supercharger intake which does not run the length of the cowling above the exhausts

H-2

- internal SC250 bomb bay

- later engine cowl

H-3

- internal SC250 bomb bay; sometimes combo

- ventral gondola: some solid, some glazed + MG

- had the 5 MG15 and one MG17 fit of the P-4

- the two extra 15s were waist mounted

- some had a second A-stand mounted MG15 mounted above the nose gun

- tail cone MG on some models

H-4

- external PVC 1006 bomb racks; sometimes combo

- glazed front ventral gondola + MG / MGFF

- some had a second A-stand (front gondola) mounted MG15 mounted above the nose gun

H-5

- revised ventral gondola shape

- external PVC 1006 racks or combo with ETC2000 bomb rack (ETC port, PVC starboard)

H-6

- H-6 early: VDM props, pointy spinners

- H-6 late: VS11 props, fat spinners

- revised ventral gondola shape

- external PVC 1006 racks or combo with ETC1000 bomb rack (ETC port, PVC starboard)

- later models just 2 ETC2000 racks

Build notes:

P-1: per P box

P-2: per P box

P-4: PVC racks per H boxing but need new ventral gondola / dorsal gondola cover (no current aftermarket exists)

H-1: spinner and props, ventral gondola from P box + CMK conversion

H-2: spinner and props, ventral gondola from P box (early only - late needs new ventral gondola)

H-3: spinner and props, ventral gondola from P box (early only - late needs new ventral gondola; no current aftermarket exists)

H-4: spinner and props from P box but need new ventral gondola (no current aftermarket exists)

H-5: as for H-4

H-6: per H box