Sign in to follow this  
R Palimaka

Another Battle of Britain film announced in Variety yesterday

There was an announcement in yesterday's Variety that a new film, "Hurricane" will begin filming in September in the UK. Among others it will star Milo Gibson (not Mel!) as Flt Lt John Kent and will follow 303 Polish Squadron through the Battle.

I'm cautiously, if deliriously, optimistic. There were no details about locations or using real aircraft, but I'm guessing that will come. I tried to insert the link, but couldn't get it to work.  

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

About time! The Battle of Britain movie is a classic, but long overdue in others being made about the conflict. Be nice to see a Battle of Midway movie that uses Japanese planes, or good look alikes, instead of using old stock footage of American planes with hinomarus painted on! Very good! Can't wait to see this movie should it happen!

I always thought a move about the battle for Malta would be a good film. 

About time! The Battle of Britain movie is a classic, but long overdue in others being made about the conflict. Be nice to see a Battle of Midway movie that uses Japanese planes, or good look alikes, instead of using old stock footage of American planes with hinomarus painted on! Very good! Can't wait to see this movie should it happen!

I always thought a move about the battle for Malta would be a good film.

Malta Story (Alec Guinness) is a rather good film, I defy anyone to watch it and not have a tear in the eye when the Ohio comes into harbour.

...And if anyone hasn't read Johnny Kent's autobiography, "One of the Few", it's well worth a read. I was lucky enough to pick up a signed copy at a boot sale a few years back.

Looking forward to developments with the film and also the rumours of a James Cameron BoB movie (or are these one of the same thing?)

Best regards;

Steve

Man WHEN is someone going to do an operation Jericho movie..hell its got everything; evil gestapo, French resistance, MI6, Mosquitoes (which there are a few available for flying scenes) FW190s, a dashing movie reel wing commander, low level flying..come on!! There's got to be a script in there somewhere

Edited by hamfists nz