Su 27 info

Rob Colvin

I have the original issue and managed to source the updated plastic parts for it.

I do have aires wheel bays, engines, and pit. My questions are.....does the aires stuff fit? Initial observation is......the wheel bays are way off. Pit looks workable, engines look workable.

Missles.....i know the first issue missles are garbage. I know zacto's are the bomb.....did Trump every upgrade the missles?

I am trying to keep this build kinda simple. What am i in for?

Thanks

Rob

Edited by Rob Colvin

Rob, from what I can gather, Trumpeter did update the kit in terms of intakes , I think, canopy nose cone and the weapons. Indeed there was some discussion that they had directly copied Chris at Zacto's stuff. 

The aires stuff will fit, I fitted the wheelbays and canopies to my build without too much issue other than a little thinning of the edges TBH though once installed you cant really see much, and unless you are displaying her on a mirror, she is too big and awkward to keep picking up and showing admirers the wheelbays. 

I do recommend using the Zacto canopy correction and nose if you can get hold of it. Oh and show us a build thread, I love the Flanker. 

Rob, from what I can gather, Trumpeter did update the kit in terms of intakes , I think, canopy nose cone and the weapons. Indeed there was some discussion that they had directly copied Chris at Zacto's stuff.

they copied them badly  :whistle:

Nosecones.jpg

Canopies.jpg

Zacto goodies are 1st class

Edited by Luca

Hi Rob.

From memory the main gear bay parts fit pretty well. The nosegear bay is about a millimetre short IIRC. The pit parts are very good. The jet nozzles look superb but are a little small in diameter for the fuselage of the original Trumpy release. It is n't a major issue on the finished model to my eyes.

The canopy, windscreen and nose cone are a long way off if left unaltered. The Zactoman resin parts cure this problem to perfection. As the other guys said, Chris's parts are second to none, regardless of cost.

Hth,

p.s, my photos are all on PB so are lost but I could reload some snaps for you if they'd be any help.