1/32 scratchbuilt Westland Whirlwind

ironman1945

One final shot.

Its been years of sometimes frustrating, but always satisfying work on this beast, and I would like to thank one and all for allowing me to share this journey with you. I am thinking of drawing up a list of pitfalls and advice for anyone thinking of trying this for the first time. I would encourage you to give it a go, if I can do it so can you, and in the end its far more satisfying then you can imagine.

Having said that, I think I need an out-of-the-box-build next, if only to allow me to build my energy for what is sure to be another scratchbuilt attempt. What will it be? I dont know, but I can assure you it will have only 1 engine... starting with a twin was I think a bit much.

Take care all and happy modelling!

Dave/Ironman1945

post-562-1191475451.jpg

congratulations on your Whirlwind Dave, i'm sure you would need a "normal" build right now, as a way to relax, but i think you'll be heading indeed into scratchbuilding or vacform again shortly, because i think it's becoming an addiction, just to be able to use all the skills and techniques you've learned and tackle another beautifull subject in aviation.

I'm impressed, good show

Jack.

The end of a long and mighty adventure Dave, for you and for us, and the result certainly speaks for itself: absolutely magnificent. Thanks for sharing your journey with us - the good bits and the frustrating ones. Please let us know as soon as you've decided what your next scratchbuilt project is going to be.

Dave.

What more can I say thats not already been said by the other guys?

What you've done here is just truly amazing, you are an inspiration to everyone.

Thanks for sharing your build with us all

Perry

Lovely build Dave. I'm very jealous because I haven't got your staying power when it comes to the BV!

Do please put together a pitfalls article or similar. It could maybe be added to to create a sort of scratchbuilders' aid.

Matt