1/32 Special Hobby Yak-3

modelingbob

This kit is a tough build (typical limited run) but if you want a LSP Yak, well, this is your only choice. Places to watch out for are the wheel bays, canopy, forward upper engine cowl, and the wing/fuselage attachment (none of them fit!). I was originally going to do a ton of weathering on this, but after all the fit problems, massive putty, and sanding, I pretty much lost interest and just wanted to finish the darn thing. Painted with MRP (aka Mr Paint), which is exceptional paint, AMT-7, 11, & 12. Done OOB with kit decals. 

naxlde1.jpg

kzdoTcc.jpg

ci75Pqj.jpg

332c4Dw.jpg

NcnK2Tt.jpg

oDxQGhR.jpg

TVkBtFZ.jpg

y5HofBr.jpg

awartmZ.jpg

NFnUI0G.jpg

H7mr65l.jpg

aGp3I9N.jpg

That's a terrific build, Bob! You're correct in that this is your only option for a mainstream Yak-3 kit, but I believe the Aeropoxy resin kit is still available if you fancy it. I have one in the stash, and it looks decent to me. But probably a more difficult build than the Special Hobby kit!

May I publish it on the website?

Kev

Of course you can Kev!!!! 

Thanks to all for the kind words!!!

That's a terrific build, Bob! You're correct in that this is your only option for a mainstream Yak-3 kit, but I believe the Aeropoxy resin kit is still available if you fancy it. I have one in the stash, and it looks decent to me. But probably a more difficult build than the Special Hobby kit!

May I publish it on the website?

Kev

Looks absolutely fabulous, you've done a great job, it is great to see a VVS subject kitten by a mainstream manufacturer  hopefully it will be the first of many.

I do have one in the stash for the future and Kev is right but here is the Aeropoxy resin kit which is a challenging build but can be turned into a decent representation of a Yak 3, it was this build that started me on a VVS kick, though my paint choices now are a mite better than they were in those long ago days.

YAK-3FINISHED02.jpg

Cheers

Dennis