Tamiya Birdcage Corsair

Durangokid

So I'm pretty much on the home stretch now.  I did a flat clear on the entire ac to seal everything up and keep my fingers from screwing it up.  I mixed a bit of semi-gloss with the flat since I didn't want a totally flat appearance.

Here is the bottom where I'm working on the exhaust stains with various shades of pigments.  Does it look like it needs more work? Maybe more colors?

Q8kGlJ.jpg

I'm still working on the prop.  I have literally painted and stripped it 4 times!  Geez, I can't seem to get it the way I want.  

One other thing, I'm looking at buying some EZ-line for the antennas but I don't know what size to get.  Any recommendations?

Thanks again for checking in a leaving the nice comments.

Bryan.

Wow

I love the weathering ........really nice 

Wish I could get some results like that...............

rgds

You probably can.  Just takes a little practice and re doing everything 2 or 6 friggin times like I do... :blowup:  

Bryan,

all the various technics are really coming together quite nicely. the overall effect sure looks like one really well worn and tropical weather beaten birdcage -1.

Joel

Thanks Joel and sorry to see you are having so much trouble with your Bronco.

I'm pretty much done, well with the exception of a few lost parts.  I can't find the tail wheel gear doors and the headrest.  I swear my room is eating up parts and tools!  I had already finished the headrest but no luck finding it yet.  I'm hoping these things will turn up so I don't have to order them from Tamiya.

I'm waiting for my EZ-line to arrive so I can do the antenna.  Other than the missing parts I think the antenna is the only thing left.  That's unless you guys see something I missed?

I'm happy with the way it turned out for the most part but there always seems to be things I could have done better.  I've used a lot of weathering techniques that I have never done before so there is always room for improvement.  

Thanks to everyone for stopping by and leaving all the great and helpful comments.  They are all very much appreciated... :D

djjX9r.jpg

WEhpLI.jpg

qaHYEG.jpg

jyjFBL.jpg

YJBHUc.jpg

JEIctk.jpg

UwhM55.jpg

I'm still not happy with the prop but after literally striping and painting it 5 times, I'm sticking with it.