richdlc

The best 1/6 figure diorama you'll ever see

there's a real trend for 1/6 figures these days. They do nothing for me personally, but check this diorama / vignette out. If this is what is possible with 1/6 scale, then it has a new fan!

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-scale-action-figure-news-reviews-and-discussion-/855150-%C2%93soul-patrol%C2%94-lrrps-extraction.html

879d2764-81cf-4121-91bc-20f437b0c308_zps

This is a real 1/6 figure dio?

It's not a photoshop joke?

I have never seen anything look that realistic before, and to do so with figures is just unbelievable. Seriously, it's unbelievable. The realism and detail of the expressions is something else. The way the figures look natural, no "woodenness" or weird angles, no standing like puppets without string.

It just looks like a full-size dio, never mind a 1/6 model.

I always think aeroplanes are much easier to model than figures, so I've got enormous respect for whoever did this.  

:wow: Looked at every detail and this is truly amazing!!!!! :yahoo:  :punk:

I LOVE Dioramas!!!!!!!

Looked at some of the others that were done, it would be fantastic to go to one of these shows and see the real things!!

Wonder how long it took him to complete this? Just outstanding work and detail !!!

Teresa 

I just want to box up all my figures and sell them off. Can't compete at that level of skill. :crying:

Don't cry Bill !!

You can do what I may have to do and that is resort to my play doh and Mr. Potato head...... figures... :rofl:  :rolleyes:

dough-head.jpg

Teresa  :D

Wouldn't it be AMAZING to be that good?

Don't cry Bill !!

You can do what I may have to do and that is resort to my play doh and Mr. Potato head...... figures... :rofl:  :rolleyes:

dough-head.jpg

Teresa  :D

Wouldn't it be AMAZING to be that good?

I heard Hasbro is bringing out a GI Joe Mr. Potato Head.... :rofl:

The man's a genius and his work is PHENOMENAL.

I cannot seem to take MY eyes off each of the figures and reading his WIP and RFI ...

BLEW ME AWAY.

KUDOS.

:wow: :bow: :bow:

And this is what one of the depicted says about his own figure et al.

Ed Emanuel posted the following on his Facebook page:

Folks, this is a pretty exciting time for me. The American Veterans Ball on May 6, of this year, plus the added attention the book â€Soul Patrol†is receiving. Now we found an incredible and talented artist who fashioned an action “diorama†in the image and likeness of the “Soul Patrol†team. It appears the team is directing fire with Cobra gunships in the air and the florescent panel is out on the ground to show the team's position. From head to toe, this replica is totally accurate.

I especially like how he depicts me doing rear security, with my boonie hat, the M-60 machinegun and ammo belts, survival knife and my 357 Magnum in the holster. Wow! How could I “not†be excited about this?

Veteran, Miguel “Mike†Tavarez is the brilliant artist responsible for all the tedious work and details making this diorama a “perfect†piece. He read my book several times and was inspired to tell our history through his art. The “Soul Patrol†team is truly honored! And, we are looking forward to displaying Mike's art on the “Soul Patrol†film documentary.

We are making every plan to exhibit this historical art piece at the “American Veterans Ball†in Charlotte, North Carolina on May 5th and 6.

Thank you, Mike! You are a true artist!

You are