Mr. Paint / MRP Paints?

Out2gtcha

2 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Like what ?  :shrug:

Mom and Pop shop been around since 1971

trying to get started with a website.

Looks like they've been on FB for some time https://www.facebook.com/Military-Hobbies-114250798276/

No using provider names sometime you get weird spam or general filtering. Thise rmail are not meant for comercial user. Nit like using office 365 or gmail or hoocking you fomain to a proper mail server 

2 hours ago, CANicoll said:

For those of you that have used Hobbyworld before, I placed an order on the 22nd, and while the credit card was charged immediately, no shipment notice as of yet.  Over $100 worth of stuff.  What is their usual shipping policy?

Thanks,

Chris

My experience is that it takes a week to 10 days or so from order placement until the stuff actually gets shipped. Definitely not like Sprue Bros in the shipping department! 

5 hours ago, CANicoll said:

For those of you that have used Hobbyworld before, I placed an order on the 22nd, and while the credit card was charged immediately, no shipment notice as of yet.  Over $100 worth of stuff.  What is their usual shipping policy?

I don't think he does shipment notices, but if he charged your card

I'd bet it's in the mail.

43 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

He told me he’s expecting a big shipment in this coming week, so there may have been some out of stock items.

Thanks for that, I almost place an order this weekend, and had some out of stock items on my list. I think I'll wait till next  week now

12 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Thanks for that, I almost place an order this weekend, and had some out of stock items on my list. I think I'll wait till next  week now

The good news is, Hobbyworld will ship the out of stock items when he gets them without any additional shipping charges. The bad news is he frequently forgets to do this, so you pretty much have to keep diligent track of the backordered items and remind him. And sometimes, it may take 6 months to get your stuff. 

There was only 1 item listed as out of stock, so hopefully the rest gets shipped fairly quickly.  A note on his site would be helpful to set the expectation of shipping delays.  I don't have a tracking number yet but everything is noted as 'paid' for my order, including the back-ordered paint. 

I kinda mind when it takes 4-5 days to pack an order that is supposed to take 3-4 days to ship - should not take longer to pack than to ship in my mind, hence setting expectations would be appreciated.  But if he's a one-man show, well, there are only so many hours in the day.  But again, a note on the website would be in order.

Jennings - was your order over $100?  I was surprised to pay shipping on my order.

I'm hoping that someone at our upcoming Model Classic event in April will be selling MRP and I'll pick up the rest of what I need there.  Or maybe I'll just buy them when I'm in Spain next month.

He's pretty much the only guy for MRP and Zero Paints in the US. Same with Drooling Bulldog.  And he's a good guy that'll answer most questions.  Even said he's put aside a bottle of Zero Pink Primer from the upcoming order so I don't miss out.

And he accidentally sent me 2 bottles of PRU Blue that had been backordered, and let me keep the 2nd bottle.  Good guy.

Matt

I LOVE MRP paint personally. I know they are expensive, and limited availability, but they shoot SO good its really amazing. Especially after having to shoot some MM acrylic. YUCK! 

I have a lot of Mr Color paint too, and while it is good, I HATE mixing and thinning, and the mix with MRP is spot on each time.