Mr. Paint / MRP Paints?

Out2gtcha

7 hours ago, CANicoll said:

I thought this was settled?    Does it matter?

That was settled too.    No.

On 1/21/2019 at 12:12 PM, CANicoll said:

Ok, folks,  I'm looking to make the jump to MRP, finally.  Question for you all - what does a 'starter kit' look like? I'm going to do a 332nd Mustang (Red Tail) so NMF - puttied wings, etc, Red (duh), interior green.  What colors (esp for the varied NMF, primer, thinner, gloss , cleaner do you suggest?  I've been on the Hobbyworld Website and am looking at something over $100 to start.

Hey Chris, you'll want Interior Bronze Green for the cockpit and that or Interior Dark Dull Green

for the seat. ZC for the gear bays. A mix of any of their silvers tho I used Alclad Dull Aluminum for

the painted surfaces. White and Black are hard to come by as they sell out fast, but they're nice

to have and there are several (click the Whites and Blacks link on the left of the page). You don't

'have to' base all the silver in black (I used white) and you won't need to thin these at all. I also used

MRP tyre black.  $100 should buy alot of paint so go with your instincts on whatever else you might

need (think ahead like I don't).

Have fun  :)

Edited by MikeMaben

Thanks Mike!  I opted for Alclad metal paints (including the Dull Aluminum) and we were aligned on the other colors.  Interior green is on back order so will see how long that takes.  Now have to go buy a respirator!

How well do the MRP and Alclad paints mask by the way?

Going to try them out on a Revell P-51 first.  Should be good!

Edited by CANicoll

15 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Whoever runs Hobbyworld-USA needs to get off their ass and answer emails.  I’ve emailed twice in the past week with zero response so far.  I’d love to place an order, but not before I get an answer to my question.  If anyone knows him, please tell him he needs to respond to customers better.

I've NEVER had Hobbyworld-USA respond to an email. And that's quite a shame, because the Hobbyworld-USA website has a fantastic customer service utility that you can easily use, but it's via email so you'll never get a response. The only response I've ever gotten from him is through the Facebook Messages utility. You can contact him via his Facebook name of "Matthew Bole". And he has ALWAYS responded to my Facebook messages, usually with 24 hours. So, if you're not a Facebook member, there is no way to communicate with him. A lot of people sing the praises for Hobbyworld-USA customer service, but I'm not one of them, and I will no longer buy stuff from his shop, due to lack of email communications. 

13 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

I've only ordered direct from Slovakia. Fast service and a bit more in shipping. Of course that was before he had dealers in U.S.  When I need replenishment will contact MRP directly, again.

I've recently tried to order MRP direct from Slovakia and the order could not be processed because they can no longer ship direct to the USA (and many other countries) due to postal regulations. 

Matt's running a home based business and I think

maybe he's marketing too much stuff to keep up

with. He's a good guy but you have to order in advance.

I've ordered from him a couple of times with no problems.

Excellent shipping cost if you order more than just a

couple of bottles.

https://www.facebook.com/hobbyworldUSAUSA/

New distributor in the U.S. (California) : https://www.militaryhobbiessocal.com/about-us

No website yet but you can contact them via email.

Edited by MikeMaben

3 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Matt's running a home based business and I think

maybe he's marketing too much stuff to keep up

with. He's a good guy but you have to order in advance.

I've ordered from him a couple of times with no problems.

Excellent shipping cost if you order more than just a

couple of bottles.

https://www.facebook.com/hobbyworldUSAUSA/

New distributor in the U.S. (California) : https://www.militaryhobbiessocal.com/about-us

No website yet but you can contact them via email.

Thanks Mike, might have to send those guys an email. That is what I do w/Matt as well, is save up for a larger order so the shipping makes it much more worth while. 

27 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I don't actually see any email addy listed for them?

Website seems a bit "sticky".

Click on home and I found email: military-hobbies@att.net

Phone (714)637 1211

:)