Mr. Paint / MRP Paints?

Out2gtcha

They're sometimes called inks or ink like...

Mrp3.jpg

Mrp2.png

Just sayin' ... :shrug:

Hrmmm that is a bit odd. Im thinking that might be Uschi taking some liberties with naming, as Ive not seen  referred to as inks anywhere else.  As the definition of paints go, MRP colors are definitely paint, as it says it by definition on their bottles (acrylic paint in a lacquer medium)  and honestly, I have yet to find reference to it as "ink" anywhere on their site as I usually go by the definition of the product on the manufactures site VS a third parties. .

Mrp3.jpg

Edited by Out2gtcha

That "ink" labelling is just a bit of creative marketing by Alex Glass of Uschi Van Der Rosten. I doubt you'll find it anywhere else, and it's based on Alex's assessment of MRP's paint performance as being ink-like.

Kev

The top image (with "Brilliance in Ink") is from the MRP site.

Maybe they know what it means :shrug: .

:coolio:

Perhaps one can just assume that in many languages an "ink" is a solid suspended in a liquid for coloring...

I hate to belabor the point, but its actually not from the MRP site. Its also directly from teh Uschi site:

Uschi%20site_1-XL.jpg

Its just the Uschi guys taking some liberties with the naming thing, and not really anything to do with MRP.

The only reason Im being a stickler on this, is I generally think of inks as a singular dyed type of medium that is always thin, where as to me, paint is a particulate suspended in a medium, and can be thick or think and the particulate and mediums can be a mix of things. 

MRP stuff is definitely the latter. 

Edited by Out2gtcha

Guest Peterpools

No where on the MRP Paint Bottles is the word ink used at all.

Each bottle label species the paint as:  Acrylic Lacquer Paint for Airbrush

Doesn't really matter to me - they just paint beautifully and use precautions of a respirator and a spray booth if possible

Peter

Boy you guys are tuff to convince. Whaddaya think I'm blind or just stupid.

I agree with Pete, it doesn't really matter.

Read these pages carefully...

http://mrpaint.sk/farby/lietadla?product_id=55

http://mrpaint.sk/farby/lietadla?product_id=52

http://mrpaint.sk/farby/lietadla?product_id=102

Those are just examples. My only point is that they 'are'

referred to as inks.  Who cares what they are ? , they

'are' a great product.

Boy you guys are tuff to convince. Whaddaya think I'm blind or just stupid.

I agree with Pete, it doesn't really matter.

Read these pages carefully...

http://mrpaint.sk/farby/lietadla?product_id=55

http://mrpaint.sk/farby/lietadla?product_id=52

http://mrpaint.sk/farby/lietadla?product_id=102

Those are just examples. My only point is that they 'are'

referred to as inks.  Who cares what they are ? , they

'are' a great product.

Missed those Mike. I was wrong on MRP referring to them as inks.    I definitely would not consider them inks as I know inks, but if thats how the manu wants to market them Im all good with it. They shoot brilliantly. 

• 1 year later...

Ok, folks,  I'm looking to make the jump to MRP, finally.  Question for you all - what does a 'starter kit' look like? I'm going to do a 332nd Mustang (Red Tail) so NMF - puttied wings, etc, Red (duh), interior green.  What colors (esp for the varied NMF, primer, thinner, gloss , cleaner do you suggest?  I've been on the Hobbyworld Website and am looking at something over $100 to start.

Thanks!
Chris

6 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Ok, folks,  I'm looking to make the jump to MRP, finally.  Question for you all - what does a 'starter kit' look like? I'm going to do a 332nd Mustang (Red Tail) so NMF - puttied wings, etc, Red (duh), interior green.  What colors (esp for the varied NMF, primer, thinner, gloss , cleaner do you suggest?  I've been on the Hobbyworld Website and am looking at something over $100 to start.

Thanks!
Chris

I use mrp quite a bit, me personally, I don’t care for the nmf colors.  I’d go alclad for the nmf.  Also for the gloss coat before u apply the nmf, look for Gunze gx2 black, it’s s upper gloss black. If you are looking for a good thinner, look for mr leveling thinner. I hope this helps

12 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Afraid you’re on your own on that.  As I posted in the other thread on MRP,  the US distributor’s web site is very clunky, slow, and hard to navigate.  And once you put something in your cart, it’s impossible to change the quantity you want, so if you want two whites or blacks for tinting, put them in at the front end.  

As I say, the marketing behind these paints leaves much to be desired, but the paints themselves are very good.

Jennings, looks like they fixed the cart issue - I've actually had my cart open for two days and I can add and delete individual items or increase/decrease quantity as well.  More than a few items out of stock as is usual with MRP apparently.

Chris

11 hours ago, Stinger16 said:

I use mrp quite a bit, me personally, I don’t care for the nmf colors.  I’d go alclad for the nmf.  Also for the gloss coat before u apply the nmf, look for Gunze gx2 black, it’s s upper gloss black. If you are looking for a good thinner, look for mr leveling thinner. I hope this helps

Definitely - added the Leveling Thinner already and the GX Black - thanks for the info!

On 7/16/2017 at 9:07 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Missed those Mike. I was wrong on MRP referring to them as inks.    I definitely would not consider them inks as I know inks, but if thats how the manu wants to market them Im all good with it. They shoot brilliantly. 

I thought this was settled?  Even the manufacturer refers to them as 'inks'.  See the links above.  Does it matter?

I think the reason some of us Canucks are getting MRP in the mail from the US is BECAUSE it says ink...Labeled that way customs doesn't throw them in the trash as hazardous materials banned from air freight.   And if Hobbyworld  labels the box as "inks" being shipped outside of the US it clears.    just a pondering.