Luftwaffe in 1/32

SimonCornes

Next up is the FW-190. I have just ended up buying the new Revell A-8 night fighter boxing on the basis that its a pure fighter instead of a ground attack F-8 - I'm thinking of only having the one FW-190 so I'm being selective. A very decent price from Jadlam Racing and I'm working on the basis that this will be a better kit  than the Hasegawa alternative but, apart from the box top illustration, so far I don't know if the other decal option is a day or night fighter.

Hi Mike

Hope you're well.

I assume the actual images are still in PB... I wonder if you could somehow get them to me and I'll see if I can re-do them from my Flickr account?

Matt

Matt, unfortunately my issues with PB were not related to their recent policy change, they actually accidentally "lost" my entire library.  I believe I still have some of the photos (possibly from the G-6 review) on my hard drive, I'll have to do some poking around and see what I can come up with.  If you still have any photos that would be helpful.

Next up is the FW-190. I have just ended up buying the new Revell A-8 night fighter boxing on the basis that its a pure fighter instead of a ground attack F-8 - I'm thinking of only having the one FW-190 so I'm being selective. A very decent price from Jadlam Racing and I'm working on the basis that this will be a better kit  than the Hasegawa alternative but, apart from the box top illustration, so far I don't know if the other decal option is a day or night fighter.

The other decal option is "Red 3" from JG 301, a standard A-8 day fighter.

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/6/4/9/1030649-99-instructions.pdf

Why are you assuming that?

I think its more a matter of 'hope' than certainty! We always expect kit quality to move forward and Recall tend to support that theory, especially aircraft flown by the German air force produced by Recall Germany but I accept that Revell may do a more basic job on the assumption that the aftermarket will provide the super detail whereas Hasegawa may have pitched their product at a higher level to start with. You tell me!

I think its more a matter of 'hope' than certainty! We always expect kit quality to move forward and Recall tend to support that theory, especially aircraft flown by the German air force produced by Recall Germany but I accept that Revell may do a more basic job on the assumption that the aftermarket will provide the super detail whereas Hasegawa may have pitched their product at a higher level to start with. You tell me!

Personally I would have to give the Hasegawa 190 a slight edge.  Hasegawa's engineering is almost always superb and the Revell kit did get a couple of minor things wrong.  Not really a fan of the full engine either, if someone did a resin plug to stick in there I'd be fine with that.  The Revell kit has some nice features though and has the advantages of a good price and widespread availability.  Looking forward to seeing what Z-M will bring to the table when they release their Wurgers.

Interesting Mike. I have not had the opportunity to look at a Hasegawa 190 but I accept your opinion. My Revell kit will probably turn up tomorrow. To me the main flaw is the decal seat harnesses! Once you replace those with HGW fabric the everything looks better! Whatever Z-M do, it won't be cheap!! I don't even feel the need for a Ta-152!!

Simon, one other kit to be sure not to miss is the Dragon Bf-110.  It's a doozy of a kit and builds up into a very accurate version of the early Zerstörer.

Just be sure to download and read the instruction addendum published on HS for this kit. The kit instructions are next to useless.

Thanks for that advice. I was looking at the instructions for thebRevell 109G last night and the undercarriage scissor links looked over extended to me. I will have to check some photos tomassses correct sit - which will of course vary based on fuel state.

One thing on the Eduard Emils that has always bugged me, is that the main gear legs are way, way, way too long, making the model look like the oleos are fully inflated and the tailwheel is flat.

OOB, it looks seriously goofy like that.

Matt, unfortunately my issues with PB were not related to their recent policy change, they actually accidentally "lost" my entire library.  I believe I still have some of the photos (possibly from the G-6 review) on my hard drive, I'll have to do some poking around and see what I can come up with.  If you still have any photos that would be helpful.

Hi Mike. I think you did all the photos for the G-10 review, I checked my Dropbox folders and nothing G-10 there.. :(.   I have a load for the G-6 review...

Matt