Sign in to follow this  
Out2gtcha

Cool Idea!

Just found this on FaceBook..............

Ive thought about this, but seeing it come to life is neat!!!   Although I dont have an aquarium, If I ever do get one (have thought about a salt water tank, but its a bit too much trouble on upkeep) I thought this would be a really cool idea for the tank:

19601620_10155692658714614_9855304045646

19642293_10155692658739614_6370375351513

I would probably try something pacific fleet American or maybe Japanese, as their wrecks look cool under water................plus it would age in the tank like a real 1:1 underwater wreck would.........

6cc58525fe54eaae0b5d8ebda7d8ad31--underw

8299b8acf5acc58c762b3e50ce7c7d8a.jpg

e31eb043bb157b81ccf87037094fd89a--altern

Guest Smitty44

I saw a thread about this somewhere before, and maybe an article...it's been a while. The greatest concern was what type of paint to use that would not be toxic to the fish. Way cool though!!

I saw a thread about this somewhere before, and maybe an article...it's been a while. The greatest concern was what type of paint to use that would not be toxic to the fish. Way cool though!!

Didnt think about that! You would think something like lacquer would not come off in water, but I guess I wouldnt know for sure how it would react being under water for so long.....

Guest Smitty44

Ya but the channel is cold water and void of tropical plants, fish, etc

I saw a modeler some moons ago do something like this is was awesome but instead of putting it in a fish tank he make a square box around it a poured that fake waker stuff. Then removed the box it looked wicked

I saw a modeler some moons ago do something like this is was awesome but instead of putting it in a fish tank he make a square box around it a poured that fake waker stuff. Then removed the box it looked wicked

It wasnt the sunken Sherman tank dio was it?

maxresdefault.jpg

That thing is unreal

It'd be eye catching. I like the idea of the 109 because of the colours. A BOB 109 with blue sides would look stunning. Faded or not. :)

Or even a pink recon' spitfire. :)