Trumpeter A-4N

Brenhen

Hi Brehnen

Absolutely great build, for me you found exactly the right colors for the IAF, wich colors did you use?

Serge

Thank you Serge. I used a combination of IAF paint sets. The main one I used was Ammo's IAF desert colors set (A.Mig 7200). I used the light compass ghost grey, middlestone and tan colors from that set. For the light green I used Hataka green out of their IAF desert aircraft from the 1970's set (as-12). Unfortunately I had a lot of trouble with this paint. No matter what I thinned it with I had horrible clumping inside the airbrush that made spraying and clean up very difficult. I believe I have an early batch of the paint, and I have since read that Hataka have changed their formula, so this may no longer be an issue. Hopefully not, because they have some really nice sets and the colors lookedaccurate.

Really nice! I also really like the base! How did you make the tarmac on the base?

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan, thanks for the comment. The tarmac was printed from a website that provides scale files for ship decks and tarmacs. There is a link to the site in the original post. There are some really nice designs on the site, and the designer has provided them for free.

Thanks again!

Thanks Bill and Eagle, very appreciated!

I also wanted to give a quick update on the Hataka paints I was critical of in an earlier post. I emailed Hataka about the problem and they have offered to replace the sets that I have to make sure I have the new formula. It is always nice to have a company take customer service seriously and do what is needed to fix an issue. I'm hopeful that the new paints will be much easier to work with.