Mig-15 HPH or Trumpeter

mark31

From a "put in my display case" perspective, I have to agree with Kevin.....Anyone at least familiar with a Mig 15 recognizes the Trumpy kit as such...even if it is way out of whack....

And for the chap that chucked one in the garbage....for shame ! At least donate it to a young modeler who may not have the funds for such a kit and let him or her enjoy it.

Joe

Brian, the way you build your kit is flawless, it is the kit itself. I had one years back and chuck it into the garbage after realizing how much work is needed to correct/ recreate all the shortcomings .

HPH on the other site is the etalon of serious approach , I dare to say Tamiya in resin :)

I'm sure the HpH kit is correct in shape & detail - but their resin kits are not easy builds. In fact, they are bloody difficult builds.

Personally, I'd go Trumpy and correct it, keeping the money in my pocket. But I've been burned by HpH, so I'm not an impartial observer.

Mark,

Good choice of kit in going with the HPH kit. You certainly have the needed skills to build it. I on the other hand will do almost anything NOT to build a resin kit out of pure fear with it ending up for its last trip to the recycling center. If I could ever get over my fears and just try one, there is a whole world of "Golden Age of Aviation" I'd love to build.

Brian,

For such a crappy kit, your finished model looks outstanding. Sure wish I had your skills to turn straw into gold. 

Joel

Mark,

Good choice of kit in going with the HPH kit. You certainly have the needed skills to build it. I on the other hand will do almost anything NOT to build a resin kit out of pure fear with it ending up for its last trip to the recycling center. If I could ever get over my fears and just try one, there is a whole world of "Golden Age of Aviation" I'd love to build.

Brian,

For such a crappy kit, your finished model looks outstanding. Sure wish I had your skills to turn straw into gold. 

Joel

Thanks this will be my first full resin kit im going to build

I whant a Mig-15 for a long time i have the funds to go for the HPH kit the only thing that i hope is that i dondt screw it up

Mark

I whant a Mig-15 for a long time i have the funds to go for the HPH kit the only thing that i hope is that i dondt screw it up

Mark

Good choice Mark, HPH kit's are just wonderful kit's, keeping in mind that they are full resin difficult to build kit's. :hmmm:  That said, still they are real gem's in detail and accuracy so i really will looking forward to your build of this little agressor.

I have the L-39 Albatros in my stash, and to be honest, my hands are itching to start the kit, but at the same time my lack of courage keep's me away from this resin kit. :mental:

Greetz

Danny

Good choice Mark, HPH kit's are just wonderful kit's, keeping in mind that they are full resin difficult to build kit's. :hmmm:  That said, still they are real gem's in detail and accuracy so i really will looking forward to your build of this little agressor.

I have the L-39 Albatros in my stash, and to be honest, my hands are itching to start the kit, but at the same time my lack of courage keep's me away from this resin kit. :mental:

Greetz

Danny

I have orderd the L-39 also :mental:

Mark

Mark

Mark,

I've been a student of your work since I got here, and your skills are way more then enough to successfully build it. One thing for sure, I'll have pulled up a chair  :popcorn: and followed your build to its conclusion for sure. 

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

Mark,

I've been a student of your work since I got here, and your skills are way more then enough to successfully build it. One thing for sure, I'll have pulled up a chair   :popcorn: and followed your build to its conclusion for sure. 

Joel

Same here Joel, i'm sure Mark is more then capable to attack such a kit, that's why i am also on the front row of his work. I am now seriously thinking of starting the HPH Albatros kit.

Greetz

Danny

Same here Joel, i'm sure Mark is more then capable to attack such a kit, that's why i am also on the front row of his work. I am now seriously thinking of starting the HPH Albatros kit.

Greetz

Danny

Danny,

Your skill level is also top shelf as well from what I've seen of your work. I'd also be one  of the 1st to pull up my favorite chair, borrow more popcorn from Harv, and follow your build from start to finish. 

Joel

Danny,

Your skill level is also top shelf as well from what I've seen of your work. I'd also be one  of the 1st to pull up my favorite chair, borrow more popcorn from Harv, and follow your build from start to finish. 

Joel

Well to be honest Joel, at the moment i'm in a real bad modeling crisis. Nothing seem to go right. I really need a new challenge, and i thought a full resin kit was the solution. Now with Mark going into resin to maybe i jump the wagon.

Greetz

Danny

Really...... :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2: .....great choice mate, this is a real gem of a kit. Can ask where did you order them??

Greetz

Danny

orderd buy hph directly

Mark

Well to be honest Joel, at the moment i'm in a real bad modeling crisis. Nothing seem to go right. I really need a new challenge, and i thought a full resin kit was the solution. Now with Mark going into resin to maybe i jump the wagon.

Greetz

Danny

Danny,

Just go for it.

Joel