Mig-15 HPH or Trumpeter

mark31

ok im looking to buy a mig-15

What will be the best one to go for i know the HPH costs a lot more then the trumpeter kit

Is the hph the best kit from what i have read its got everything you need

Anyone build this one?

Thanks Mark

You question is like comparing a Mercedes and a Lada, Mark ...

The Lada has a trumpet, to be clear ... and it has only 3 wheels and looks like a wheelbarrow on top ... ;)

Hubert

I know what to do then HPH gets the my euros

Mark

Hi 

if you don't care about the accuracy , I mean wrong shapes , for example the tail fin ( an others i don't remember) , with a bit of works and patience , you can get a nice Mig with the Trumpy's one . I thing that a resin cockpit is available ....... some guys here did nice replicas ... I can't speak about the HpH model , but Hubert is right about the comparaison    

Alain

The Trumpeter Mig-15 seems to be a scaled up copy of the Tamiya kit. However, Trumpeter made a big boo-boo on the windscreen. On the real thing, the flat center panel is angled back enough so that it touches the rear frame of the windscreen. On the kit, the angle of the center panel is shallow, and Trumpeter added a fictitious frame to connect the center flat panel to the rear of the windscreen. There is a review right here.

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=1814

HPH Mig-15 is the holy grail of all Migs in 1/32. I am extremely fortunate to own the kit and it is a real gem. HPH did outstanding job in every respect. If you're OK with resin and have the founds available....just do it :)

HPH Mig-15 is the holy grail of all Migs in 1/32. I am extremely fortunate to own the kit and it is a real gem. HPH did outstanding job in every respect. If you're OK with resin and have the founds available....just do it :)

thanks and i orderd one

thank you all for the input

Mark

That's a good job on that kit.  There's something wrong with the main gear as well.  It doesn't squat the way the real MiG-15 does.

Thanks, yeah, I noticed that too. These are the G-Factor gear, and are a bit better but still dont give the Fagot the stance the 1:1 has.

Edited by Out2gtcha

There is nothing right with the Trumpeter's Mig-15 kit and that is the status quo. Starts with the size and the shape of the wheels, ends with the wing profile, fuselage shape and profile, tail, canopy, panel lines you name it,  nothing.

There is nothing right with the Trumpeter's Mig-15 kit and that is the status quo. Starts with the size and the shape of the wheels, ends with the wing profile, fuselage shape and profile, tail, canopy, panel lines you name it,  nothing.

I used someones wheel/tire resin combo but forgot who its been so long. :lol: Yes, SO much stuff off on that kit, and the wings/wing root profile is a BIG offender in my book too. 

Brian, the way you build your kit is flawless, it is the kit itself. I had one years back and chuck it into the garbage after realizing how much work is needed to correct/ recreate all the shortcomings .

HPH on the other site is the etalon of serious approach , I dare to say Tamiya in resin :)

HPH on the other site is the etalon of serious approach , I dare to say Tamiya in resin :)

I couldnt build THAT kit flawlessly!   :lol: No freakin way, I was not going to that much work.  I just tried to correct the MOST obvious stuff. 

I would so LOVE to build that HpH kit, but not sure I want another Mig-15 since I already built 1.

Edited by Out2gtcha