ICM I-16 Type 24 CAD Images

RBrown

£26.19 on pre-order from the Big H.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=&code=&product_type_id=&scale_id=953&keyword_search=I-16&setPerPage=25&currency_id=

Looks super! Definitely buying one - ICM stuff is really top drawer.

Tony

ICM says that it is "accurate copy of the prototype", yet it is shown with the blunt spinner of a production Type 24 and not the pointed style of the prototype.

Edited by TBC

I believe that was lost in translation. They had in mind pre-production prototype of a kit. The kit should be representing Type 24.

Yes, probably a translation issue. In my post, though, I was referring to the prototype I-16 Type 24 versus a production I-16 Type 24.

Never heard of prototype of Type 24. The main difference on type 24 was the stronger Swetcov 63 engine with a new ( AV-1) propeller and constant speed reduction gear box, therefore the need for a new/ bigger spinner.

Here is a picture of AV1 adjustable pitch prop. without the cover, that clearly shows the large balancing weights, small/early spinner wouldn't work. The modification were implemented almost directly on the production line, therefore any picture of prototype would be extremely rare, priceless in my eyes. :)

20090616_i_16.9tpojzvecu80wgcos0sowoggo.

Prototype means the original article, not necessarily the first prototype of the I-16.

Exactly. I've been reading it this way ever since I first engaged with model building as a kid.

Kev