P-40E , White 36, 191 IAP VVS KBF

Guest Martinnfb

Mate,

Excellent finish!  I really like the rain streaking.  It's an effect I'm trying to unlock with various techniques.

Gaz

Thank You Gaz , much appreciate that.  I am looking forward to your streaks once unlocked :) Cheers

Martin,

Now there's a impressive P-40E to make one turn their head to check it out.  Nicely weathered for that final touch.   :clap2:  :bow:

Joel

Joel, thank you for the compliment , P-40 has it's own brutish elegance in it and Hasegawa kit builds itself , I just added paint :)

I need to build something in Red Stars. :(

Of course Bill, I would love to see you build  for example this Mossie :)

mosquito-4.jpg

"most beaten and weathered"

Well, having traveled all over the continent, I have to say, that's about right. :D

Sun burnt country, is right.

Mate check it out. I lived in a place where they flew P-40's. 47 C in summer was normal.

And this was down south! :o

And the local river to cool down in was deadly. Suck you right under mate. Gone.

I should add.

It's a great holiday spot! Lots of beaches filled with bull sharks, the animal with the highest testosterone, but probably shouldn't...  :hmmm: 

We have some lovely snakes. The death....oh hang on, I've done it again.

Up north the surf is great. First take a look for crocodiles and sharks...Damn!

Go to Thailand.

what is up with the shark Dale ? :)

• 3 weeks later...

As much as I think every P-40 must have a shark mouth, I'll make an exception for this one.  Excellent work, Martin!

Thank you Mike, I was tempted to go shark mouth , but then, I can't recall anybody building Russkie in 32nd.

:clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :wow:

:bow:               

Martin

Way to go! Absolutely a stellar build with superb weathering.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Thank You Peter.

Thank You Kevin.

Martin!!!!!

Love your P-40!!!!!!!!!!!! :piliot: 

You are a GREAT modeler. :punk:  :clap2: ..............I have seen some of your other projects in person, and they were FANTASTIC!!! 

Teresa  :D 

CHEER+3+pg+99.jpg

Thank You Teresa, you are too kind.

Great job Martin ! For a quickie, you ended up with a very nice model ! I love the soviet style dirty look. :)

Thank You Nic, Hasegawa was an easy build without surprises , I did enjoy it a lot.

i am not very knowledgable about the P-40 but its a beautiful build, especially the weathering.

I wish Hasegawa would do more 32nd scale Allied subjects; they are relatively quick, fun , "Slam Builds" compared to Tamiya efforts which at least for me are 1 1/2 year projects.

A 32nd scale F4F and F6F from them, for example, would be nice...

-d-

Whoa! Don't know how I missed this one.

This is superb Martin! Something very different for markings and the finish is so convincing! I would love to know how you did the rain-streaked dirty finish. It looks so realistic! Excellent work on this one. 

Richard