Guest Jessie_C

Warning: Joydecals

Guest Jessie_C

Last month I ordered 2 decal sheets from Joy Decals. I was charged a flat rate of $25.00 for postage, which I consider outrageous, and the order was shipped to an address I haven't lived at for 4 years, in spite of the fact that I had specified my current address on the order form.

Joydecals has ignored 4 different communications to correct this problem. I am disputing the order at Paypal.

Buyer beware: Joydecals does not deal fairly.

Guest Jessie_C

I was hoping that when I received the package to see that the postage was only a placeholder and that I would have been only charged the actual package. Yes, probably unwise, but those particular sheets appear to only be sold through joydecals :(

If you paid them through Paypal, the incorrect address might be because of the default street address they have on your Paypal account. It happened to me once. I wasn't paying attention while doing the check-out and Paypal inserted a previous address which I had been using. Fortunately my old house was bought by friends who just forwarded it to me.

Just my experience anyway.

Richard

I was charged a flat rate of $25.00 for postage

I would complain as their website clearly states  We use a Flat Shipping Rate of $30 for one up to eight Decals. All International order are shipped via Registered Airmail and include Insurance against loss or damage.

:D

I often wonder why they let themselves get into a position like this, the delivery was insured and the negative publicity on line they get costs them more than the cost of the decals and postage.

http://joydecals.com/about-us/

They do seem to be a one man band who has grown his hobby, I just hope it does not effect his business to much.

Edited by TonyT

Guest Jessie_C

I'm assuming you hadn't ordered from them before, how they even get an old mailing address for you to use if it wasn't through the paypal payment address?

No, I had ordered from them about 5 years ago, and had no trouble, This is why I was so disappointed this time.

Jessica,

Thank goodness for Pay Pal, it does indeed make buying with confidence so much easier. Glad that you're getting your decals replaced.

Joel

Isn't it amazing that what I would think is basic customer service just seems to be falling apart all over the place, but GOOD customer service seems the exception.

I mean to post a message, and I'll do that separately, but I ordered five things from UMM-USA - three modeling jigs, two decal/mask sets.  I placed the order in the morning sometime, and by mid afternoon received the shipping information. On a SATURDAY!  I was super pleased.  Then, got an email with a note of apology that one of the mask sets I ordered was damaged and they didn't ship it, and they did the refund.  VERY cool and I sent a note back thanking them for the fast service and appreciated the note about the mask.

Super good service from UMM-USA.

Chris

Isn't it amazing that what I would think is basic customer service just seems to be falling apart all over the place, but GOOD customer service seems the exception.

I mean to post a message, and I'll do that separately, but I ordered five things from UMM-USA - three modeling jigs, two decal/mask sets.  I placed the order in the morning sometime, and by mid afternoon received the shipping information. On a SATURDAY!  I was super pleased.  Then, got an email with a note of apology that one of the mask sets I ordered was damaged and they didn't ship it, and they did the refund.  VERY cool and I sent a note back thanking them for the fast service and appreciated the note about the mask.

Super good service from UMM-USA.

Chris

Chris,

I've had numerous transactions with UMM-USA, and his personal service is simply top notch. It's a part time business for  him, so it takes a little longer to get things mailed out, but that's no big deal. Every issue or question I've ever had, has been answered quickly and correctly. 

Joel