Planet Models XF5U Flying Pancake

Wow, Carl it looks great!    This was as you said, not the most difficult resin kits (not withstanding having to add the intake rings in and smooth them out and still add the intake centers in somehow after the fuse halves were glued) but it was a challenging build for sure.

I was not super impressed with the white metal landing gear in mine, but I LOVE your what-if scheme!   Really well done, and congrats on a fine looking model. 

Well done Carl! She's beautiful, and you made it under the deadline...with kids! 

Looking forward to the photos...hope you find the wayward rudder in the meantime!

Richard

Thanks Richard! Yeah, they're 4 and 6 years old. The youngest last night came and asked for a kit out of my stash. He wanted the Meng Lancaster cute plane but changed his mind and took their B-17 instead.  Hard to say no to that. His brother went with the Lanc.

The rudder hasn't shown up yet but I'm sure it will. 

Wow, Carl it looks great!    This was as you said, not the most difficult resin kits (not withstanding having to add the intake rings in and smooth them out and still add the intake centers in somehow after the fuse halves were glued) but it was a challenging build for sure.

I was not super impressed with the white metal landing gear in mine, but I LOVE your what-if scheme!   Really well done, and congrats on a fine looking model. 

Thanks Brian. You're right about the kit not being too challenging, certainly nothing like your HpH Tigercat. I used Eric's technique of inserting them from the rear and it worked out well. 

The gear wasn't that great like you mentioned. I wish it was a bit sturdier, especially in its mounting. 

Very impressive Carl! You did a fine job on this resin kit! I really like the Flying Pancake, too bad it never flew. A lightweight test bed flew to prove the concept. Unfortunately the actual prototype was scrapped. It would have been fantastic in a museum.

Regards,

Alain

Thanks Alain! It really is a unique looking aircraft. It is unfortunate that they didn't keep it around, even for a museum.