Help with camo colours.........

Scale32

Hi guys, querying Italeri's call out for flat gull gray for the underside of the F104. I've got MM acrylic flat gull gray but it seems almost tan compared to some colour photos I've found which seem more like a light white/gray. I've got a few coats of tamiya's fine white primer down and even this seems closer to photos.

Does anyone have any info as to what colour the underside should be? Maybe Italeri got it wrong...

Thanks for any feed back.

Cheers Bevan

Hi guys, querying Italeri's call out for flat gull gray for the underside of the F104. I've got MM acrylic flat gull gray but it seems almost tan compared to some colour photos I've found which seem more like a light white/gray. I've got a few coats of tamiya's fine white primer down and even this seems closer to photos.

Does anyone have any info as to what colour the underside should be? Maybe Italeri got it wrong...

Thanks for any feed back.

Cheers Bevan

Hi Bevan,

The colour you want is "Light Grey" FS36622 (Edit can also be referred to as Camouflage Grey)

Humbrol 28 or  Model Master 1733

Hope that helps?

Regards

Alan

Edited by LDSmodeller

I imagine he's talking about SEA camo underside colors since the Italeri instructions have the underside camo called "flat gull grey" - although they state FS 36622.

Your right. Dont know how they got to that! But all you have to do is ask the question and someone here will answer!

Cheers Bevan

Hi Bevan, Sorry I can't help you out with regards to colours. Do you ahve any WIP pics of this build yet I like to see what you're up to

All the best cheers Pete

Hey Pete, long time no hear!

No, no wip on this one.

Cheers Bevan.