How about: a 1/32 Tamiya P-38 Lightning?

timvkampen

The venerable Beaufighter attained only 59% of P-38 production but was used by a dozen air arms including America (as opposed to eleven nations' military that flew P-38s) and featured a far greater number of camouflage finishes.

Of course, fewer Beaus featured nicely painted females, it was a challenging aircraft to fly and it shared some structure with the less attractive Beaufort; but was full of character, was crewed, and pioneered many new technologies.

For me, propeller fighters should be tail-sitters. I'd definitely buy a Beau. However, a P-38 would prolly do very well. I am curious, however, as to why Trumpeter's offering never lasted very long. (Maybe it's seen a second run which I missed).

Tony

Guest The Southern Bandit

For me, propeller fighters should be tail-sitters. I'd definitely buy a Beau. However, a P-38 would prolly do very well. I am curious, however, as to why Trumpeter's offering never lasted very long. (Maybe it's seen a second run which I missed).

Tony

Is Trumpeters P-38 out of production then? I do have one and some AM for it, but its not without its faults and definitely not a Trumpy A team product.

Guest The Southern Bandit

I thought this years Tamiya wishlist was already done???

Since I have the newish tooling of a P-38 (Trumpeter) in my stash, I'd rather new tool Beau, really.

Rog :)

Tamiya's wish list has been upgraded to a monthly thing now Rog :)

You're probably right, have a Trumpy P-38 too and its not a terrible kit, but would prefer a Tamiya one and yes if Tamiya released a 1/32 Beau ... and even though it does not really spark my interest, would be excited, but anything new in this scale from Tamiya has that effect on me these days.