Best F4J phantom reference book?

ChuckT

Hi there.

I have a Tamiya F4J coming to me on a slow boat from Hong Kong and in the mean time I thought it would be good to start gathering reference materials.

Any recommendations?

I'm looking for something with lots of detail pictures.

Thanks in advance, C.

Edited by ChuckT

And further recommendations for the DACO book (a worthy and complementary companion the Jake M,'s USAF Phantoms tome) and the Double Ugly book, although the latter is stronger on portraits rather than detail shots.

Well known and appreciated photographer for the model world, Bill Spidle also had a collection relating to the reconstruction of  QF-4S 153821 Scooby, which would be helpful in some respects for a Juliet model, which I had thought was on the PrimePortal site, but no longer seems to be there. Perhaps someone may correct my possibly faulty mermory (it was over 10 years ago).

Thanks Scooby!

I'd downloaded the photo batches years ago, but couldn't find them again when wanting to tell someone about them.

So thanks for stepping in and supplying the link.

It should teach me that deteriorating eyesight and late nights aren't a successful mix, but probably won't.

But regardless of all that, Bill's photos illustrate a lot of Phantom detail that's hard to find elsewhere.